New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about this? For 295.00, i suppose that's a pretty good deal. I can get hook up's w/ friends and friends of friends w/ the tuning help. I'm assuming you'd need a chip or what not to actually keep the settings? I don't know. Any feedback is wanted and welcome. I just figured this would save a lot of money if you actually could tune yourself rather then shell out $XX.XX amount of dollars for each tune.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
That's not a tuner, is simply a air/fuel ratio meter. Now, it does have a wideband sensor that you stick in your exhaust so you get a true reading, but to do any tunning you still need something else.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, what he said ^^^

A standard 02 sensor ranges in signal voltage from .1V to .9V where a new wideband 02 sensor ranges from 0-5V therefore giving you a much more accurate reading.

If you want a complete programmable engine management system, get an AEM EMS system for a 96-xx mustang. You have to re-wire quite a few wires on the harness (well, not too many), change over and add a few sensors, and download a flash from AEM and you'll have one of the best EMS systems around!

BTW, they are able to tune EVERYTHING from a/f ratio, fuel mapping, ignition timing, spark duration, computer controlled traction control (!!), boost controller, turbo timer, idle control, detonation control, rev limiter, and a fully programmable progressive nitrous controller for any NOS system! It even has a datalogger built in!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.