New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this posted on CEG, figured I'd pass this info along. I believe someone from NECO (Mark?) won sport compact last year.
Sept. 17th at Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI. Registration is $10 with the proceeds going to charity. Field opens at 9 AM with registration closing at 12:00. Awards at 2:00.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thanks Kim for the info on this.

There is going to be a Car Show in Northbridge Ma. on Aug 21st. This will be the first ever show to be put on around here. All proceeds will go to the American Legion...
If people are interested in going let us know and we will post more infomation.

Ron

·
Registered
444 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2
Just saw this posted on CEG, figured I'd pass this info along. I believe someone from NECO (Mark?) won sport compact last year.
Sept. 17th at Fort Adams State Park in Newport, RI. Registration is $10 with the proceeds going to charity. Field opens at 9 AM with registration closing at 12:00. Awards at 2:00.

Correction, Mark came in 2nd, I came in first :biggrin: . the show was awesome down there, unreal spots to take pics and whatnot. great time

·
Registered
408 Posts
That was the SVT's debut show and it was still completely stock. We will see how it does this year , especially with her new wheels and extra goodies.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I would absolutely love going to this show!! Dawn and I just got married in Newport this past weekend and never pass on a chance to go out there!!

Hopefully I can get most of the work done on the Cougar, but I doubt that it will be painted by then...

We'll see, but we might go if things are good with the Cougar.

·
Registered
408 Posts
It was a nice size crowd last year. We had 6 or 7 in our category and alot of nice muscle cars and classics too. great photo ops too.

·
Registered
444 Posts
WELL AFTER LOOKIN AT MY CALENDER AND WHATNOT @ WRK, FOUND OUT THIS IS ALSO THE SAME WEEKEnd that the Newport Boat Show will be down there, basically newport will be jammed nevertheless, and maybe after the show we can cruise down Thames with a couple of Cougs if possible, and ill assume mark will wanna ride with the SVT, we hada blast the last time in Newport when he still had the Coug, and Paul also came (intersteller???)

-Al

PS. The New Alerion 38-Daysailer, which im involved in will be there for Show, assumin we can finish it on time

·
Registered
408 Posts
Of course the cruise down Thames will be a must as long as the place isn't too jammed up.
We should start a list of all who wants to show . I think we should get there as early as possible.
1) Count me in
2) Al.

·
Registered
444 Posts
HOPEFULLY i can either have my rear bumper fixed, or i can cover up the damage with a T-shirt, mark any suggestion, for your the mast of doin this lol

-al

·
Registered
408 Posts
Paul sent me an email. I gotta respond back and see if he wants to or not.

·
Registered
444 Posts
alright and in the cruddy news report, i found out the wrong bumper was sent to my body shop and they say it wont come in till thursday or so... therefore car wont be done until earliest Friday afternoon which would be perfect, or Saturday morning. which would mean no car show for me... cause i dont know what time i could even get it... i need to @ least vaccuum the interior and whatnot. i mean the car will be washed and all... oyi i will post with more info. on friday after i go to shop in the AM...

·
Registered
444 Posts
ron, to be honest with you i dont think theres a website... umm the only thing that would come close is the Newport Boat Show. which isnt much help, it is held @ fort adams though... umm ya im no help

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ron, If I get home early enough tonight I'll post a link I have for it at home providing I can find it. I have to pick up my new Jeep tonight to drive it and see if i'm gonna buy it for my winter car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
seems to be rain in the forecast, i wonder if its gonna be cancelled again like last yr and moved to another date?

-al

·
Registered
408 Posts
They sure did reschedule it. I just confirmed it with one of the organizers for the event. Oct 2nd (sunday) is the new date. He told me if there is rain again that weekend they will reschedule it again. I'll keep in contact with him and keep everyone posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.