New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m a Ford fan in Western Australia and I have 3 Fords currently.
My latest is a 2001 Cougar. Proving to be a challenge with getting parts for her. But hey she looks good and runs quite well.
She has 122,000 kms on the clock, not much but has really thrown some challenges at me.
Fuel tank leaks if you fill her up or put her on an incline - hope to fix that this week.
Next is changing all the heater and cooling hoses and water pump.
Would like to find some new headlights.
Also chasing a RH drive dash mat.
Need 1 Ferretti centre cap as well.

John

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Fuel tank leaks normally happen where the filler neck meets the tank. Never happened to me, but I hear about that sometimes.

Enjoy, good resources here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel tank leaks normally happen where the filler neck meets the tank. Never happened to me, but I hear about that sometimes.

Enjoy, good resources here.
The tank gets dropped this week to find out the issue - fingers crossed it’ll be easy to fix.
Any ideas on which other country has these Cougars in RH drive as I need a dash mat.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
France and Britain. try 'Ford Cougar Owners UK' on Facebook. if your french isn't bad, you can try 'Planète Cougar' but it's much less active. but the UK has quite the active following still for these cars - someone there will probably help you find what you need.

Best of luck. nice car, not much salt on Australian roads!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Cant say I've ever heard of a dash mat for these cars, I doubt dash mat manufacturers want to deal with liability issues with blocking the passenger airbag. You might need to custom make one if you want it.

Welcome to NECO, theres no better resource for knowledge for these cars. There's a good chance if you need help importing parts that someone here will be available to help as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cant say I've ever heard of a dash mat for these cars, I doubt dash mat manufacturers want to deal with liability issues with blocking the passenger airbag. You might need to custom make one if you want it.

Welcome to NECO, theres no better resource for knowledge for these cars. There's a good chance if you need help importing parts that someone here will be available to help as well.
Thanks, I’ll give it a go 😃

1 - 6 of 6 Posts