New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start some cosmetic modifications on my 01' Cougar, and figured I should start with some simple things. Anyone want to take the time to post a How-To walking me through replacing the side-markers? I'm a bit ignorant with all this, but I've been lurking around the few Cougar sites the past few months hoping to find some people to help me. PIctures would be great if someone has them. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not a how to, but what i did was - push the marker to the side, it will go one way or the other. pop it out - we used a piece of stiff card to pry it out, but you will figure out what is best for you. once it is out of place, you will be able to pull it towards you. don't go too far, it is on a wire etc that you don't want to detach. unscrew the plastic from the bulb and wire. using masking tape/painters tape, tape the bulb and wire to some part of the car, so you don't loose it and have to go fishing. you should now have the marker in your hands, ready for replacement with another coloured marker, or to paint etc.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
404 Posts
start from the front of the car, and wrap a paper towel or something around a small flathead screw driver...pry, and it will pop right out. probably one of the easiest things out there, it was my first mod too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. Doesn't sound too bad. Now my only problem is to decide which ones to order. Smoked or clear... the decisions never end. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I just used some floss, slipped it under the sidemarker closest to the door and pulled out and toward the front of the car, pops right off. Very easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your opinion, I'm too indecisive. I first thought clear, red/white scheme. Then I began thinking that would require white decals, and would that look right? It lead to a whole train of thoughts and a nice lil' conversation with myself which I'm sure scared anyone around me who happened to actually SEE me talking to myself. And responding. :confused:

Floss sounds super easy. Think I'll try that first. Thank you all!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
yeah definalty do floss first. it wont scratch or bend your car. if they dont come out try prying with your fingers a little bit and then double up on the floss. just try not to use a screw driver. you dont want to run the risk of scratching the car

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey I thought MY car was protected by Yoda. *sniff* :(
There isn't any way the floss can scratch the paint is there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts