New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,274 Posts
Let's all practice safe computing people! Infections are :banghead:

This does remind me of my experience over the past weekend rebuilding my Mom's old desktop as a Win2K box instead of Win98SE. I became intimately familiar with MSBlaster.exe. Windows is so vulnerable it's not funny.

Since this is an Internet community, SilverKat's message is most appropriate. Be careful out there!

·
Administrator
24,503 Posts
Do I have to be careful with my Macs? ;)

·
5,274 Posts
Do I have to be careful with my Macs? ;)
About one tenth as careful as I have to be... and that's probably being cautious on your part :disgust:

I can't wait to make my Win2K box disappear into a cloud of Linux... but I'm stuck with Windows for MathCAD unless I want to pony up the ca$h for G5 and a PC emulator, or a G5 and a new copy of MathCAD :( You lucky G5 owner you!

OS X -- Because it's easier to make Unix user-friendly than to make Windows stable. ;)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Windows actually IS pretty stable, depending on what ver. your talking about. It's just HACKERS know that MOST people use windows, and wanting to do the most damage, go after windows. They also know that people who use windows are more likely incompetent in computers and an easy target. Such as Outlook Express, most widely used email system, most widely attacked.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I like beer and I dont like Viruses or Trojans(unless they aren't made for your computer ;) Sorry just a random comment by me. Once again believe it or not Im NOT drunk. I guess I might be missing out on the college life with all these sober nights.... Nah I just grew up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts