New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright excelciers car is not dead but he has removed the road insurance for the winter so the car is now stuck in my garage until the sping. Just picked up this house with my fiancee and man did the garage have loads of crap in it.. but after cleaning it out, here are the results (in picture form)

Very shortly my cougar will be joining his for the winter - after I get my dammed battery charged up caused it died (it's not the alternator... deep cycle batteries drain when you don't drive them...:rolleyes: )

We've already started to setup, need to insulate the windows to keep the chill out this cold winter...

i can't wait for some of the crazy stuff thats going to be done this winter ... once we run at least 40A out there to support the heat! :)

rest of the pictures are here

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Wish i could afford a house with a decent garage....:(

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My house was very affordable, and it also has a two car garage. It all depends on where you're looking :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Well, it would also help if i knew what i was doing. I have no idea what they are talking about half the time and it's hard for me to understand. The other big problem is i haven't found anything that really catches my eye. It's either nothing close to what i want, or they want $150k for it, which i can't afford.

That link doesn't tell me anything at all. It confuses me more than anything.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
so what do you plan on doing in the garage this winter? looks a lot cleaner than mine!

Brian (Pyro), what happened to your avitar and the pic in your sig????

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
Well, it would also help if i knew what i was doing. I have no idea what they are talking about half the time and it's hard for me to understand. The other big problem is i haven't found anything that really catches my eye. It's either nothing close to what i want, or they want $150k for it, which i can't afford.

Get a realtor. Believe it or not... It is free to have a realtor work for you if your are the buyer. The realtor is paid by the seller - even if they work for you! So find yourself the best realtor you can and let them do all the work for you. (Start: Shameless Plug) Then look me up when you are ready to buy it and I will get you a great deal on a mortgage! (End: Shameless Plug)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: jamallott
so what do you plan on doing in the garage this winter? looks a lot cleaner than mine!

Brian (pyro), what happened to your avitar and the pic in your sig????
All avatars have been taken down. And i accidently erased my sig pic in the upload tool and haven't gotten around to remaking it.

Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
Originally posted by: Pyro81

Get a realtor. Believe it or not... It is free to have a realtor work for you if your are the buyer. The realtor is paid by the seller - even if they work for you! So find yourself the best realtor you can and let them do all the work for you. (Start: Shameless Plug) Then look me up when you are ready to buy it and I will get you a great deal on a mortgage! (End: Shameless Plug)
Thanks for the info ZEX. If i get time this week i might just stop by a realtor's office sometime. I'll definately get in touch with you if i find a place.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i work in real estate right now knida.. and trust me you can get nice houses cheap you just have to get in contact with the right peopel...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
All that you need to do is tell the realtor what you are looking for and they will find a bunch of houses that match your criteria. Then you just go through the houses until you find the one that is best for you. If you are looking to keep the costs down and the value high, try looking at a few HUD homes (houses that have been foreclosed on). The bank is usually looking to cut their losses on these properties and list them below market value. When you move in, you will have instant equity. Of course don't limit your options to just HUD homes - but they are a good option to consider. Also, there are quite a few grant programs available that will GIVE you a down payment. I don't know if you have a bunch of cash saved, but nowadays the most popular way to purchase a home is no money down. And if you do have the downpayment (at least 3% for FHA), then you can use the grant in addition to the money that you have saved to bring your loan amount down. Most of my clients actually get money back at closing! Good luck finding a house - and PM me before you make an offer so I can give you some tips on how to pitch the best scenario... I can save you tons of cash! And to a fellow NECO'er, I'll offer my services for free!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts