New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New winter beater?

I have put a deposit on this 1995 Stealth R/T TT. It has 72,000 miles with a good title for $6000 shipped to KY. It needs a passenger side front tie rod, 4 hours repair to the pass. door and repainted and a new bumper cover. I thought I would drive it for the winter and then put a 99 Bumper cover on it and fix the door. The bra covers up the tear in the front bumper...so it may not need replaced. The Cougar will be for sale again very soon if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
RE:New winter beater?

that's a beater????:crazy: call me crazy, but i'd love to have one of those, but i guess compated to your 3000gt that the stealth is a beater. nice car btw

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
RE: New winter beater?

STFU thats your winter car!!!?!
hahah!

man, i wish that was my SUMMER car! :tongue:
good choice. heh!

N

·
0 Posts

Yeah the Cougar would be gone in a heartbeat for something with Twins..

·
0 Posts

I may also own a 93 stealth TT this winter. Same color only it has volk rims, boost controller, exhaust, downpipe, cone filter, racing clutch, lightened flywheel, turbo timer. I have driven it many times and it is so fast. He is asking 12k for it though and it has 84k milesbut its in perfect condition.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts

Scottina i hate you....

not really but i hate you for using that beauty in the winter

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well...in the spring I'm going to have the door fixed and a 99 3000GT front bumper put on it. The title is good and shows no accidents...so I may have it for sale next summer. These cars have so much potential...it was hard to pass it up. I was originally looking at a Maxima they had for my wife and saw this. I should have it in a couple weeks. My 98 will be a collectors item in a few years since they made less of them than they did 99 VR4's...so I will keep it cherry.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
RE: New winter beater?

I was originally going to get a 1993 dodge stealth r/t tt but one day I came home and saw the cougar sitting in the driveway...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just to update....I got this Stealth this week and it is CHERRY! Its interior is almost as clean as a new car! I have it at my house now to fix the tie rod....wouldnt you know we would have our first snow today and I cant get home. I should be able to fix it next week during the evenings. Besides the slight(very slight) damage on the pass. door and front bumper, this car was majorly babied. I will post pics once the tie rod is fixed and I get it cleaned up. I can't wait to drive it...I miss my 3000 terribly!(garaged for the winter)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Get studded tires and go ice racing!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Good job on the find! It'll be very sweet when you get it all fixed up! Although - why did you get this as a winter beater??? Isn't a high horsepower, rear wheel drive car about the worst thing you could possibly be driving in the winter?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Its all wheel drive and it was cheap...but after getting it...I can't figuire out why! We dont get that much snow....maybe 2-4 good snows a year...and by good snows I mean 3-4 inches. I drive 15 miles to work one way and needed something I could depend on as well all year. Its not a winter beater...it will be a really nice car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts