New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beginning sometime after the 1st of the year it will be illegal to have any gauges or devices mounted on or above your dash. this will include tachs/pods/ETC..ETC....
just thought i would give you all a heads up. i know some of you have Pods and tachs mounted in your vehicles and i don't want to see any of you get into trouble over something silly. the basic reason this law has been put into effect is because of all the little kids with their imports and such having too many gauges on their dash and brightly colored ones at that. they consider it a driving distraction for the driver and drivers around them. pretty sad if you ask me..

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Oh, boy. Where'd you get this info?

·
8,549 Posts
I just spent a few minutes browsing The Code of Virginia and couldn't find any mention of this in either passed laws or proposed laws.

I searched by "guages" and by "dashboard" as well with no luck. Google also turned up nothing on several searches.

Do you have a source for this information?

The way you have it worded, we'd all have to rip out our overhead consoles. :)

Thanks.
RJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, the overhead consoles are fine. as long as it came stock from the factory. i heard it from one of the state police officers that goes to the same speed shop as me.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Well none of my gauges will be removed from any of my vehicles.... All of my vehicles have atleast 3 gauge pillar pods.... Oh well... But wait, I have MD Tags :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHAT A @-hole!!! ROFL

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
the only way that could be in the code books is if they include anything potentially disctracting, including:
* cabin neons
* fuzzy dice
* bobble heads

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Probably falls under the obstructed view codes....
I doubt pillar pods would have much issues, its the monster
tachs that they probably are gunning for.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I seriously doubt they will be "looking for" this. It'll just be one of those, "oh wait here's something else to add on besides that speeding ticket" tickets.

In other words be smart driving and I'm sure you'll be left alone.

Just like having an aftermarket exhaust is illegal in Md, the officers don't seem to mind every time I roll by the station going to and from my house.

·
462 Posts
Any aftermarket modifications are illegal in MD. :( Luckily, most of the time it's ignored.

James didn't you mention once that you got a lecture one night about having aftermarket wheels on your car? :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts