New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm buying my 99 cougar next week, i am wondering what all are some good performance upgrades that i can get with the max of spending $1,000 and not on just one thing ya know...
if u can give me a list of a few things and maybe a website i'd greatly appreciate it. i'm new to cars this is my first one lol, and i wanna make it fast and stuff make it sound good. etc...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Custom Cougars They've pretty much got everything you can dream of for your Cougar. If they dont have it, chances are they dont make it :)

For under 1000 you can get a CAI)Cold Air Intake), Exhaust and probably even headers, it ll be close to $1000 though, so you better know how or ask how to install it all. If you ask around in your local chapter Im sure there are many people with the know how, who would love to help.

Welcome.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Welcome to the boards... You'll want to do a thorough once-over of the car- There are several common issues with the '99s that can be troublesome (i.e. alternator, fuel pump, sunroof). It would be best to check some of the FAQs around here to know what to expect. All around it's a great car, and can be made decently fast for not too much money (and really fast for a lot of money, just like any other car).

Some sort of intake cone, exhaust headers, and a cat-back exhaust system would be the best three items to realize the most out of your car. Things to stay away from: MAF and injector upgrades, IAT mods (sold on Ebay as a "performance chip"), "Throttle hang" mod, and anything that you'll see that maybe just doesn't make sense. Use good judgement, do some homework, and we're always around for a hand if needed.

Your friendly (mostly ;)) moderator.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
You can definitely get those for around $1000.

Intake - the cheapest intake that CustomCougars.com has is $79 shipped. The special CAI deal he has going on for NECO is about $140 shipped.
Headers - about $700 shipped for MSDS. About $500 for CustomCougars.
Exhaust - about $295 shipped for a single exit TruBendz, $340 shipped for a dual setup

That comes to $874 for the cheapest intake, the cheaper headers, and the cheapest exhaust, but $1180 for the better setups. It'd be a little more for a stainless steel exhaust, the quotes i gave is for aluminized.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.