1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,719 Posts
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE

· Administrator
20,419 Posts
They're spam accounts.

B3NN3TT is actually a cybernetic organism that's been sent from the future, built and programmed with a highly accurate, super sensitive spam seeking sensor. His primary mission is to destroy all spam accounts within an instant of their creation.

His secondary mission is to tear ass around autocross courses, but only after the primary mission has been completed.

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,719 Posts
Not to be "that guy" but why is every new member banned when they post intros in this section?
Here's a little lesson.

Internet forums are DEAD. NOWHERESVILLE. NOBODY EVER comes here anymore, and even less come to actually put in the effort to create new accounts. If somebody cares enough to forego the God-forsaken Facebook groups to actually come here for information - and they they actually put in the time to go through the forum registration process - they WANT SOMETHING. They want to be a part of the community, they have an issue with their car that Facebook didn't help with, or maybe they have done a great mod they want to share.

They will NOT go through all of that hassle just to make a post to say "Hi I am new here to you all hello I speak prefect engrish." Those guys just want to share their spam links, or post a fake classified ad to try to rip people off.

Most forums won't let new accounts post classified ads for this very reason. So a new user has to make some posts first to establish an account. BS like this thread is how most spammers start their spam work.

Legitimate new members will introduce themselves and talk about their car, or their problem, post pictures, ask questions or SOMETHING. If they don't, then they are a spammer.

Back when internet forums were popular, and we had thousands of posts a day, people could get away with that kind of behavior because it got lost in the sheer volume. But the rules all changed.

If I'm wrong, I will happily sacrifice one legit account every 3-4 years to stop a dozen spammers or scam artists.

Usually I just delete these kinds of posts, but I left this one here as an example - like a head on a spike - for future spammers.

End of rant.

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,719 Posts
Oh, here we go again...

NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T WASTE THEIR FIRST POST WELCOMING SOMEONE WHO HAS ALREADY BEEN BANNED.

This thread is hilarious; it's a spammer honey-pot...

· Registered
33 Posts
Here's a little lesson.
Ive been a supermod at one of the biggest electronics forums for 21 years, an admin thrice on my and others vb forums, and a mod at something awful for a decade. I was on bbs's before that. Sometimes new members did exactly this, (short, ****ty intro) and I considered posting in here an intro myself. (too lazy lol) So your rules, house, and business but not everyone trying to keep dead forums on life support is a spammer. Its a bad look to actual new members. So your "lesson" differs from my experiences on a 100% spammer rate. Have a good day.

ps: tons of still active forums out there to explore, all hope is not lost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts