New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive yet to seen a possible resolution to this issue on here.
I have a 2000 Cougar. The sunroof just stop opening at about 45k miles. The driver side goes up, but the passenger side will not move. It stays down. I havent looked into her too much, and have not had the money to take her in to Mercury (also I try to avoid going in unless I have a good idea what is wrong).
Does the sunroof have dual motors or just a single? Could this be the famous rail problem?
Please help!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Sounds like the rail problem, you only have one motor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definately sounds like what happened to mine. You're pretty much screwed. You'll either end up paying $500 - $900 to get it replaced or just forget it's there.

Donny:biggrin::disgust:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had mine working for like a week after I fixed it. The part that I fixed actually isn't what broke the second time. It was a completely different part that broke. Go figure. You can look at my post to see what I did... But keep in mind that it was only working for a week. I don't know if the pieces that I fixed are what caused the second peice to break, or if it was just on it's way out too... Who knows.

Link

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help!
I guess Ill be taking her by Mercury later this month.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Start saving your pennies because it isn't covered under warranty and:

Originally posted by: Donny
You're pretty much screwed. You'll either end up paying $500 - $900 to get it replaced or just forget it's there.

Donny:biggrin::disgust:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts