New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
looks like gm's version of the rx8

this is the concept car, no?

edit: yes it is. too bad, i hope it doesnt get even more butchered.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just like the fact that its RWD and has decent power numbers. I hope it's lighter than the ION though.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Man, if a big 3 could make a RWD turbo'd I4 coupe for under $20k, that would be THE tuner car to buy. And with drifting coming up as a big sport in the U.S. it would be the American Silvia. Bout time one of those automakers realize this and had the sack to make one.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
That's built on the same platform as the Pontiac Solstice and the Chevy Nomad.

I think it's ugly.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
No thank you! Its like a Saturn trying to be a Bently or something

props for RWD but its obviously not aimed to be a sport compact..looks more luxury to me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to this Saturn website, it has been approved for production (Its way on the bottom right of the screen). I don't know if that means it will be released as it looks now or what though.

I hope the pricing is around $20, but I feel it will probably be higher from the looks of the car. Oh and I read the cars weight is supposed to be around 2700, not too bad! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
According to LA Times, Saturn Curve and Pontiac Solstice have all been approved for production. Chvey Nomad will likely make it too.

Big thumbs up to GM for making this RWD platform. Looks like Solstice will hit the market by fall 2004 for around $20k - the first real competition for Mazda Miata after 15 years of monopoly on the cheap roadster market.

Saturn Curve needs more work on the details. It still looks like a mish posh of different design cues rather than a coherent design, which no Saturns have ever had. It's a good start though.

Chevy Nomad is the most interesting one out of the triplets. A welcome return to the 2 door station wagon coupe. Of all three, this is the one I want the most.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The pontiac would be really sweet if it also had the supercharger. The 170 hp just won't cut it anymore and mazda realizes this with the Miata as they are reworking the car and adding a larger/higher output motor.

But if pontiac does boost it, then sales will go through the roof.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.