New Cougar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got the AC functional today. It needs more refrigerant but it works.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
And it got this bumper put back on it.

Reactions: venomcougar

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Started mocking up the side skirts.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You do bodywork, right? What color are you going to paint it?

Great work bringing it back to life so far.
Yea thats what I went to college for.
I'm really liking the gold. Someone's resprayed the car at some point. It's alot darker gold then the stock gold spoiler on it. The spoilers more of a yellow gold where as the body has more of a brownish hue to it.
Doing the center of the hood black. I've been looking at yours for years and I'm in love with the look. I'm doing the roof and roof portion of the hatch though too and maybe some other black accents.

I still need to put the kaminari rear lip on as well

·
5,358 Posts
Might have been resprayed with one of the 01/02 gold colors, instead of the Ash Gold from 99?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Might have been resprayed with one of the 01/02 gold colors, instead of the Ash Gold from 99?
Looking at the factory colors on a website the 99 ash gold looks the closest to my car and has the same paint code. The spoiler on it isnt a 99 spoiler. Its got the little wings coming off the sides but isn't the roush looking one. Its like the top of it is perfectly flat all the way across.
The later years became "Citrus Gold Metallic" and have a more yellow hue to the paint for lack of a better way to explain it at the moment.
They chose the right version when they resprayed it its just different from my later model spoiler. With searching for the different golds on a paint website I can see why the 2 didnt match now.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So I did a little more electronic stuff today. I have to find some adhesion promoter for the side skirts before I can attach them properly. I got this working though today.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Rear lip is on.

I gotta adjust my exhaust hanger though because the tip isnt sitting in the opening right.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Finally got some adhesion promoter for the side skirts. No more pink tape holding them up.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Turned my attention to this thing as well.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Definitely need different bulbs but its getting there.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Night time. I need some blue LEDs for the screens and then have to recalibrate the needles after I swap 2 of them out. I wasn't sure which needles I liked better but the 99 needles win by far. They look so much better at night. 99 on the left 01 on the right. I like the left so much better.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Got the 99 needles put in all the way across now. Also got all the needles reset to reading right. Even got the speedometer working again which means the cruise control also works again. Still waiting on the smaller blue LED's to come in so I can hopefully get rid of the orangish look in the odometer and tripminder screens. I got the green sanded off of those so theyre orange now because of the incandescent bulbs color in the camera. They should be here by monday. Here's where we are ATM though

I would really like to fix being able to see where the light shines through for the coolant level though I may mess with that in the next couple days.
To have this thing road ready I still need to fix my winsheild washers and install the passenger side wiper, and put bulbs in the tag lights, and fix the alignment.

Im debating weather or not I should stick the SVT intake and throttle body on it now or if I should leave it alonee for now.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Started working on getting the headlight switch and HVAC panel to match. It's going to be some trial and error but its looking like a pretty close match to the naked eye. The light behind it here is much brighter then the dash so it makes it look lighter.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So cluster is done.

I also did the HVAC panel but I think it needs a bit more attention. Its extremely bright.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Found these things so I can retain my windshield washer nozzles without cutting into the Kaminari hood.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts