New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow! It looks like they did a really good job on the paint and install!

So what kind of reactions have you been getting since you put it on??

Good job! Can't wait to see more pics!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered ground control and my rear and side skirts this week.

I should have it installed by next week.

I will have more pictures from the show on April 28th.

thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Lookin' GOOOD!

One question, how does it line up with the factory lines of the body. I would love to get a different front end, but I don't want to change the entire line of the car, just a little "racier" front end. I seen some Honda/Acuras with aftermarket front ends without the body kits that look like ASS!!!!. I really don't want to follow in their footsteps

Also, did the grille inserts come with the bumper, or were they seperate?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend helped me paint it and install it. I helped a little, I wanted to learn, so when my Wings West rear and sides come in next week, I can install and paint a little. It looks fun!
He suggested that sanding the bumper down would make the lines smooth along with the rest of the car. It worked...also, I wanted to keep the protective 5mph reinforcement in case of emergency so the street weapon bumper has been modified like crazy, it's super thin, the back of the bumper used to have extra parts to it, but now if you took off the bumper, it would look like an orange peel.
I'm glad I am all about safety too.
As for the grille, I don't really like it that much, it's basically gutter guard that you can buy at home depot for 5 dollars. If I knew that before I got it shipped, I would have bought it myself. But I got it with my bumper for an extra 50 dollars. I would suggust getting the grille from SW if you don't want to cut the grille pieces yourself, because it's really hard to cut with shears.
I'm very impressed with the way it all came out, it's just ALOT of work, fiberglass is never perfect, and I still see impurities in the bumper, even after all the work we did on it.
But I think we probably beat a world record...the car was finished in 2 days!!! 1 extra day because the paint was wrong color, and it was Easter sunday, so I couldn't go back to the shop to get the right paint. So it was done this past monday..YAY...
I just have to be so careful driving because it's really LOW. Thats the reason why I am getting ground control. Because I'm going to raise the top more, and lower the back only.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Susan, Ground Control will not raise your front. The stock ground control eibachs lower your car about1 inch from stock height at full raise. Word of caution is don't drive with the front at full raise cause the springs are so compressed they will hit each other on bumps. Message me and I can provide you with a number for the bigger springs for the front but they BARELY lower the car at full drop. SW doesn't really have a problem as far as being low. The problem with SW is it expands the wheel base on the front

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahhhhhhh!!!!!!! i ordered ground control...please let me know asap all the information about this...I really don't want to scrape..and I really want ground control for adjustments. =<

·
Registered
731 Posts
looks very nice. Makes me wish the train carring mine would go faster! Has any one put foglights on this front? Im gonna try to driil some 1 inch hloes in the corner of the front end and put some fogs in the hole/like hondas have in the front of their bigmouth front ends. any one think this will work
and again nice job painting and insalling your front looks swweet in blue!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't suggust putting stock fogs in that big mouth....the fiberglass is already not that sterdy, so if u did that they wouldn't really stay that intact...I'm not putting anything on my bumper...I've already scraped 3 times!!!..I just hope the bumper dont come off soon! =<

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.