New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car weent back in to have the door handles wetsanded back down b/c the epoxy had expanded and i had surface cracks in the filler where my bumper was molded and since they ended up having to repray the front they actually sanded the whole thing back down for me. they redid the entire car. base coat, 5 coats of pearl, 5 coats of clear. tomorrow they will wetsand the car and buff it and get it put back together. i am picking it up on thursday. in the pics this time you can actually see the pearl.. In person it looked so sweet under the lights. I just hope the pearl is noticeable in the sun. it makes it tough b/c the base coat is silver and is a light color. at night under street lights it will look tight! they did blue pearl on the body lines and in all the lines on the bumper and in the fender vents. can't wait to pick it up..

PICS

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
DUDE!!!

U R A DIEHARD!

But seriously, Street, you prove that with enough creativity (and $$) you can create a very unique look to our cars....and our cars are the coolest for the $$$$$......

RIGHT ON!...STOCK IS FOR MY AUNT!

(I'm way outta my league)

·
Registered
733 Posts
looks nice, im not sure if its your camera or your paint job, but there are some colors in your paint, if this is the pearl paint, i like it, if its your camera, i still like it
, but im not totally understanding what the pearl paint looks like. i can tell it is different than normal white, maybe that is what it is. overall, i like it. btw my name is matt..u seem to know a lot modifiying the cougars, i would like to get in touch with u if that is possible..is it ok to email u?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is why my email and site are posted

pearl paint has white in it but as you walk around it it also changes to a different color. the whole car has purple shot over it and then has accents sprayed in blue pearl. the base coat is just standard silver frost like it was stock.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw the color you see is the paint. my dig cam does not pick up the pearl as much as i would like but only top end reg cameras can actually cature that kind of color. my cam is 1600x1200 res and is very sharp but just does not show the pearl as much as in person

·
Registered
733 Posts
anybody wanna visit me in chat (is this spamming)?

G

·
i cant wait to get my car painted.... its a blue with a pearl in it, and when the sun hits it...ooooohhhh, i love it, im sure yours is the same way craig
try this out, go to a blimpie or 7-11 and park your car under the gas things at night (lights have to be bright) and your car will shine like it has 100 clear coats, give it a try

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my car is kinda the other way around. the pearl is more prominant in dim light like at dusk and under flourescent lights. now if i did a dark base like blue, black, green, orange etc it would really show the pearl in the sun.. i just hope there is enough pearl in it so that it shows in sunlight. under street lights and at the gas stations it really gleamed when they did it the first time. this time around it has a ton more pearl in it...

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
dam craig is that like the 5th time you had your car repainted.... paint shop MUST LOVE YOU

oh and i really really really really like that color, it's different yet the same and so cool looking....

G

·
I can't wait to see the finished product! I bet it's going to look awesome in the sun! Tim ( my fiance') has a Mystic Cobra, I don't know if you are familiar w/ the Mystic,but it's kind of the predecessor for this type of paint job. It looks soooo good in the sun and totally different at night and under streetlights. I can bet that if your car has as much color change as his does it will get a lot of attention. Every time we take it out people stop and stare and ask what color is that? Oh, I wish I had the $$$ to do something unique w/my paint! Hurry up and get us some sunshine pics!!!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
picking it up tomorrow. will have 72mb worth of pics this sunday when i get back. mystic paint btw is more like chromallusion paint as it flip flops multiple colors. a pearl paint is different. chromallusion has come along way since the mystic paints first debuted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.