New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't look that good right now because they are wet sanding the car down in these pics, and it hasn't been clear coated yet. Keep in mind I had a Dark Tourmaline Cougar before this paint job. I know it is a little unusual, but The gunmetal on top matches my carbon fiber hood exactly and I was looking for a way to blend the carbon fiber in with some part of the car.. Check it out. Opinions, good or bad.

This is my car before just so you have a reference.

·
Registered
318 Posts
THATS HOTT MAN... I WAS GOIN TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING !!! color and all when i got into the body shop part of school. **** looks like im goin to do the same but only in white and green.

:bowdown::cry::banghead:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
lovin' it :hitit:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thats tight. The rear looks different colors in that pic, but its probably from the lighting.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
only comment is if i were going to be doing theat type paint wrap i woudl have complesed it by painting the back part with teh TBL on it green asweel but nice color selection i have often thoguth abotu doign somethign similiar but goign DTG and either gunmetal or silver

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i think are kats look very good two tone ..it just has that perfect body line to do it..and if i get bored some day i might just do it.

looking good man love the colors

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
lookin pretty good....looked good before too....love dt green....

get some gunmetal wheels to match the paint....that'd look hot i think

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: DEVIOUSDEV
You should see if
will sponsor you :biggrin:

Looks phat though seriously, Can't wait for finished pics :biggrin:
ditto! on both the phatness and the Andes :biggrin:

totally get those rims powdercoated in gunmetal too... that would definitely complete the exterior :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I love that green color.... makes your car "pop"... your car makes me want to drink creame de menth (sp)

BTW -- not sure if its just the color but that is the absolute first time that I have actually liked those fenders on a car.. I still uphold that the sidemarker looks bizarre in that location but otherwise it really compliments your car.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
is your gas lid primered? or do you have an aftermarket lid?

I love your car. The paint job is very original. Makes me wish I had the time and money to repaint :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
looks really good... just make sure when they paint the tail light covers part of then is DSG becuase it needs to follow the line coming down the car..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow I am glad you guys like the color choices, I think it is harder and harder to do something different without it looking completely stupid or being played out.. I wasn't really sure how these two would look together, or how they would be received by my fellow cougar owners. Even the guy who painted it said that until he saw it done, now he loves it. I appreciate all the kind words. Oh yeah, I know I need some gunmetal rims really bad now. I was actually thinking of sticking with the same design but in hyper black. It should look good. THANKS AGAIN.
Originally posted by: Crispy
I love that green color.... makes your car "pop"... your car makes me want to drink creame de menth (sp) BTW -- not sure if its just the color but that is the absolute first time that I have actually liked those fenders on a car.. I still uphold that the sidemarker looks bizarre in that location but otherwise it really compliments your car.
I consider this a great compliment from you crispy, since I know you are the reigning MOD QUEEN. Thanks alot.
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
is your gas lid primered? or do you have an aftermarket lid? I love your car. The paint job is very original. Makes me wish I had the time and money to repaint :thumbsup:
No my gas lid isn't primered, I have the aluminum eclipse fuel door, and they will be clearing it when they are ready to clear the car.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Liking the color combo..... I really like what you did with the car Brian... I am glad you changed the red...oh shoot sorry let me restart.,,, j/k

Jason the car is looking hot, can't wait to see it completed

·
Registered
181 Posts
See Jason...I told you they would like it...Get your gunmetal rims and you'll be set.

You gotta see it in person to really appreciate the work they tape guy did...It's absolutely flawless...Can't wait to see it this weekend with the pearl :).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
looks good...just better hope they removed them side moldings :)

Car looks hot...definately an eye catcher... Can't waite to see the finished product.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts