New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the green and gunmetal experiment is done and home. Here are some completed pics. Unforutnately the shop didn't awant to pearl the entire car because it might change the gunmetal too much, so the final is Dupont Chromabase Keylime with bronze pearl in the paint, and Dupont Chromabase Gunmetal with white pearl in the paint.Actually the wierd thing is i thought I would totoally have to change my side markers, but now I don't at all, because they almost blend right in to the paint Enjoy.

·
Registered
558 Posts
wow that is a huge shifter.
looks good i like the paint scheme i'm not too into green but it looks good.
by the way whats the blob or smudge in the first pic right on the left side the ford logo?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
looks great... only thing I would have done differently is that I would have ditched the headlight covers and had the lights painted 2 tone instead.. it would have tied it in alot better...

INTERIOR IS SMOKIN HOT!!! LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
oh I think the tailcovers should have been green as well... or 2 tone maybe? from the front and from the rear I wouldn't know know what you have goin on unless I was right next to you.. then it looks sweet... making 2 tones blend properly and making it flow is a hard process..

I still love that green though... good choice..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: 2000CUGR
wow that is a huge shifter.
looks good i like the paint scheme i'm not too into green but it looks good. by the way whats the blob or smudge in the first pic right on the left side the ford logo?
that might have just been something caught by the digital camera,(might be me or the camera's reflection.) it is flawless in person.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I think it would have had more "pop" to it if you went black & green instead of gunmetal. I'd also ditch the headlight covers. The interior looks great though.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Looks good....

I would have had the tail light covers green though but i guess it looks ok...

Also.. yeah lost the headlight covers... paint them TWO tone light Craigs.... Mainly green with the circles gunmetal...

BUT in general.... very nice... PAINT IS ORIGINAL!!! THATS RIGHT VERY ORIGINAL :)!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
oooooooooooh i'm drooling. me likey:thumbsup:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I think I like it!
-i like how they went the extra distance and painting the inside of the doors / jams... glad you paid the extra cash for that.
From the first pictures i thought the green was perfect... now in the sunlight it seems a bit too bright, but i've learned not to judge colors by pictures... heh... come to Cougarfest and show that thing off! :)

and damn ... that IS a big shifter

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
damn. I knew i was going to like the finish product when I saw the first pics... I like the hole concept... keep up the good work :) I wonder what your doing to your engine and how to keep that all flowing....

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
From the rear the taillight covers looked good, but from the side ahh thats a another story
for the headlights go with what everyone else is saying two tone color or in my opinion I like the clear headlight '01-'02 would go nice on gunmetal

I bet the car looks awesome at night, all shiny cus of the new paint - so get some night shots

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i agree with everyone on the tail light covers, and the headlight covers. and i think the 01-02 headlights would look good because it would go with the lighter silver of the rims, the fuel door, and the mesh, and the chrome on the inside. it would help a lot i think. also, i think some darker seats would look better. like a dark grey. but the paint looks really really nice! so does the rest of the car!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
agree with ja....the european 01/02 headlights would look awesome...and honestly i think it'd look better if you
just lost the taillights cover

i gotta say it looks original and hot as hell though

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I really like the color scheme you got goin' on, but you have to do something about those covers, particular the headlight covers. When I look at that front-facing pic, I see green, gunmetal, and carbon fiber...otherwise I like it!

Mike

1 - 20 of 48 Posts