New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If possible, has anyone tried to fit the coilovers on a 01-02 cougar? Not sure if this is possible, but I couldnt find any threads on this so far.
Thanxs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't suggest you buy the matrix coil overs. Ground controls are better. However iirc the matrix set will fit on the 01'-02' cougars.

Matter of fact. customcougars.com doesn't state the are made for our year kats. They are for 99-00 kats. I don't know if they will fit or not. Some people like the more people don't. All I know is that I just helped my friends install GC's on his SRT-4 and at the shop this guy came in asking about Matrix springs and the shop said, and I quote. 'Hell no' we don't touch the brand c/o's'. So that may explain that. I also have read this on other threads about Matrix c/o's so....Research it...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the Matrix Coilovers on my 2001 cat. They'll work however I suggest you save your money for Ground Controls. The Matrix kit comes with no instructions and the install is a PITA! I've had them on my car for about 3 months and my stock struts are already going. If you wanna get these coilovers I strongly suggest you buy replacement struts with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts