New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wepons R dragon Intake wit a ram air kit and installed it on sunday.... Looks and sounds sweet... A little more power but not much.. But I dont have the ram air on it yet!!! It didnt seem like there was enough room for the adapter and ram air hose to fit... It was too long, I couldnt get it in there???

Do I need to trim down the silicone 3" pieces to make a little more room?? My bro told me to just take the MAF sensor off!!! HEHE I said no. I dont want to drive arround with a CEL light all of the time. He said there is a way to bypass it?? Is there??

Thanx guys

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I'm not familiar with the weapon R intake, but I will tell you not to take the MAF off. Without it, the car will run really rich, killing both fuel economy and performance.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Listen to wise ol' Tom. DO NOT REMOVE THE MAF! Did you take out all of the old factory air tubing?

Jake

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I took out all factory stuff except the MAF and TB.

Naw man I know better than to take the MAF out... My brother said he took his off and is ok driving arround with a CEL. HEHE He also said he leaned his engine out himself!!!!! Man he is crazy... He dont know squat about cars... Ill bet his engine dont last long because if I remember right leaning an engine out makes it run hotter??? Oh well he just wont listen to big brother?? ::

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i can speak from experiences and tell you that the weapon*r is much longer than most other intakes. from looking at mine i couldn't tell you how it would be able to fit without modifying something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts