New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a wepons R dragon Intake wit a ram air kit and installed it on sunday.... Looks and sounds sweet... A little more power but not much.. But I dont have the ram air on it yet!!! It didnt seem like there was enough room for the adapter and ram air hose to fit... It was too long, I couldnt get it in there???

Do I need to trim down the silicone 3" pieces to make a little more room?? My bro told me to just take the MAF sensor off!!! HEHE I said no. I dont want to drive arround with a CEL light all of the time. He said there is a way to bypass it?? Is there??

Thanx guys

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Your brother is, I am sorry to say, a moron. Sorry, but I really hope he was kidding.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No man He was not kidding!!! And you are right!! He is a moron!!! He is driving his tiburon with out a MAF senso and he said he leaned his car out himself!!!! His motor is gonna last about 2 weeks.. hehehe Oh well he never listens to big brother

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Oh good Lord. Try to talk some sense into him by explaining the following:

The computer "brain" in his car tells the injectors to shoot fuel into the cylinders based on the amount of air coming into the engine. Too much fuel, the car runs rich and can foul valves, catalytic converters, and causes general piss-poor performance. Too much air, the car runs lean, shooting the temperatures in the combustion chamber through the roof which will melt valves, pistons, or crack valve pockets or rings.

Now have him answer this: How does the computer know how much air is coming into the engine? Answer: The MAF sensor.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im currently having an engine overheat problem, could the fact that my car is running lean be a reason for this??? If so how can i fix this?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
A gross lean condition that would cause the engine to overheat in the magnitude that you talked about in the other thread would throw a CEL quicker than a Z06 on a straightaway. The O2 sensors in your engine would be screaming at the computer to add more fuel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well currently i think i have fixed the overheating problem. Ill let everyone know within a couple of days. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts