New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was possible to replace the back seats in my cougar with some reclining seats.... the back seats go right into the trunk so i dont see why i wouldn't be able to do it. Post some stuff people. thanks. :)

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
That would be badass

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i wonder if anyone would sell me just their front two seats. Too bad i thought of this after BatCougar already sold his seats, his were nice.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i have the stock 00 front seats in great condition,,,,

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
"The Chair"

for a while i have envisioned, taking a stripped down front seat, remove the brackets and most of the top of it, then reupholster it, this way you still keep the reclining function.... then put a 10" sub on either side, and one behind.... next coming off the strut towers would be 2 mid bass drivers.....

I already have the seat stripped down and ready to go, i just need to actually try putting it in....

this is my last week of work before i go on a month leave (paternity) so i'll have mucho time to play with my car then i do now.....

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a spare set of stock 99's and have been wondering the same damn thing .... but with the floor height in the rear of the car along with the narowing of the rear section I would think much of the seat itself would have to be cut down. with the height dif between the rear seating area and the rear deck itself the back of the seat would have to be moved forward about an inch or so wouldnt it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
think of the possibilities of the reclining seat with the music all around in the back... :hitit: <-- all that needs to be said.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wait the back seat is up on a rise. It makes it as tall as the front seats being up there. Think about it if you cut it down, youd be losing bout half your back rest. So there really is no point. your best bet would be find some hinges or whatever it is that makes the front seats recline and just do a mod. Cut around the seats either take away or move up the trunk lid (the little thing blocking it from reclining), possibly cut out the things out of the trunk that recline the back seats. It shouldnt be that hard of a mod unless you want power seats back there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm maybe since 2 front seats wont fit in the back i could put one front seat in the middle of the back and make my car a 3 passenger car instead of a 4 passenger car lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
Dude that would look so gheto! But really if you can pull this mod. off let me know if it will actually work. Do you think that puting the seats on rails and when you recline, the seats go foward allowing enough room for it to go back. Does anyone know if that would work?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i say take out the back seats, and stick a water bed in there. we all know why you want reclining rear seats ;) , so why not just stick a mattress in there and call it a day?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Insanity! I have no idea why you would want to reduce the amount of seats in your car... it would be nice, but IMO only for a show car. Reclining seats in the back is a great idea, just don't know how it would play out in real life.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Originally posted by: Fokas
but i wonder if anyone would sell me just their front two seats. Too bad i thought of this after BatCougar already sold his seats, his were nice.
Yeah. :) I cant wait to make it to Jax so I can put them in my car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont actually want to replace the back seats with just 1 seat i'm just spittin out ideas :tongue:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think it might work putting the back seats on rails and and putting the crap to recline in it. Im going to try it when i get some spare change.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I think it would be cool, although, without major modding, you would only be able to recline with the hatch up, and I can't really see much point to it since it would be two buckets... if you have romantic ideas in mind, you might want to consider doing a rear bench seat, woot woot!

-Pat- -ReToM7-

EMPIRE NECO

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ReToM7... that wasn't my original thought on this but now that i think about it i could just adjust the seats that are currently in the back so they can recline all the way. So when you got your buddies back there its just a seat but when you got your girl you can just recline it all the way back into the trunk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts