New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Auto part Gas

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Hi All!

I'm Nick, 56 from the UK & on my second Cougar!

I love these underrated cars, I bought this one 3 years ago from a so called 'Dealer'.......

Now having been in the car trade for some 25 years I really should've looked it over more carefully but at the time I just had to get another Cougar before they became extinct here!!

Long story short: I have spent a fortune on this car & have only just completed all the work to ensure it has a future & that everything works as it should! o_O It's taken too much money & as I am now disabled (Stroke in 2013) I am reliant on others to do all the work etc!

Apart from a partial respray planned for next Spring I am very happy with what I now have & should have joined up here long ago! - One front fog lamp was missing/broken when I got the car & the lamp assy was impossible to get here in the UK.......I got one from the States in the end & it was the correct unit, many UK Cougars seem to have the totally different front fogs :rolleyes: Also the Heater/AC control module was all smashed off it's mounting posts so dash covers & said AC control unit all brought indoors & a lengthy repair by me using JB plastic weld was carried out.....this stuff really does weld plastics solidly together but as the mount posts are so thin & weak, they do of course go brittle & snap off - I believe the issues with my car were due to it being very unloved & uncared for & a heavy handed owner! After a double session of repair the whole caboodle now works & after a new AC condenser & re-gas it's now ice cold! I did say that there was so much that needed doing...........Lesson learnt although I should've known better when buying!

I guess around £3000 ish has returned me a wonderful car that doesn't get used that much really but I know that every time I go out, I am going to be really happy to be driving my Moondust silver Cougar no matter how long or short the journey is!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Plant Vehicle

Full Hi-Res images Here: OneDrive
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Speedometer Odometer Car Gauge Trip computer

Plant Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle White

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
That's a common problem with these cars in particular - they were relatively inexpensive and not terribly desirable at the time, so they mostly ended up in the hands of owners who didn't care for them. The lucky few who found good homes are still humming along 20+ years later though! Good work.

· Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Welcome! Glad to see a UK owner popping in, we used to have quite a few regulars from over there but haven't seen them in a long time. Nice looking car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts