New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got my new msds headers and y-pipe in, but i have one question. do i need new header gaskets before i get them installed? my car has over 100k right now, but it only has to last another year. i'll be doing a rebuild/3.0 hybrid upgrade. but at this point should i use new ones. the directions say that they came with everything needed for the install but didn't come with new gaskets. i have no idea on this issue. all help is appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
one word...YES....anytime u replace something like uim headers heads so on and so on you want to replace the gaskets.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, i kind of figured but wanted to check. is this something i can pick up at an autozone, or am i going to have to order them? and about what they should cost?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
dude marty should have sent you replacement OEM gaskets to replace the old ones.......i got my headers a week or so ago and they came with new gaskets

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, i'll be calling marty today. it's always something...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
talked to marty today. he is shipping out new ones asap. i give msds two thumbs up for customer service :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts