New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I purchased my cougar two months ago, So far Ive had to replace the transmission, brakes, and now the power steering is going out(Prob just a hose), Motor mounts seem loose aswell. Did I get a bump car, or is this normal? I want to keep the car because it has a nice style, and its unique( compared to eclipses and mustangs). Not to metion Ive already put in a cd player, two twelves and an 800 watt amp, and an eiabach pro kit.
Its a 2000 2.5l. Also I notticed the pipes are different than other cougars, Its got dual exhaust with like a horizontal slant look. Are these aftermarket or stock?

Thanks for the help. Peace.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
That sucks, I would take it back to the dealer and check on the Lemon laws... and since you like the cougar so much just get another one somewhere and put all your stuff on IT.

Good luck with that though.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
welcome to neco:wave:

sucks to hear you've had to do all that to your car. but at least there isn't much more that can go wrong. :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Man, that's alot of problems! If the stuff is getting fixed under warranty, I would say to just get it fixed. Look at the bright side of things... You have a brand new tranny now! For your exhaust - it is definitely an aftermarket exhaust. The cougars only came stock with a single exit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts