New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran again, without my sub in, still had the spare tire and seats though.

16.611 @ 82.83 MPH 1/4th Mile
.740 R/T
10.726 @ 66.16 MPH 1/8th Mile
2.442, 0 - 60

:bowdown::biggrin:

·
zomg, Vtec
544 Posts
pretty nice man. What mods do you have again?

BTW: I think this should be in the drag section.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thats definetely better than the last time. good run man.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I told yah 17.2 was too slow lol!

D

·
0 Posts
Do you shift manually or let the tranny shift? And are you doing that launch where you hold down the break and rev the engine up a bit?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
first off, yes you can hit the rev limiter. that's what it's there for. I do it almost daily on my motorcycle. it likes it :)

I don't think your understanding stomething about your car though. You say you have such better times than in the summer. Why do you think that is. It's an ATX so you reallt can't improve on anything as a driver. So what's different?? You lost about 100 lbs in weight cause of the sub, but you had a more drastic improvment than just a few pounds would give you.

It's the weather. It's about 50 degrees cooler than the summer. Cool air means dense air which eqauls more air/fuel beeing fed to the engine. Wait till next summer and you'll have the same crappy performance.

C

·
0 Posts
well i have a ATX contour, but as yout know engine and tranny are the same. i removed all seats but the drivers and everythign from the trunk, and i ran at [email protected] mph so those are really good numbers for still haveing that stuff in there.. Kudo's to you

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BrantleyJ

Yes I do understand that about my car, I said it at least 10 times at the track :p I LOVE COLD WEATHER.

But I can only get one 16.6 - 16.8 run and then my transmission gets hot and robs my power, shoving me up to a constant 17.07. At least I think the transmission getting hot causes it, because after I let it sit for a half hour I get another good run, but the engine is about the same temp. Would a transmission cooler let me run consistant 16s? Would one from advance auto be ok to use?

EDIT - Nice job with the contour :). If I can dip into the low 16s with some weight reduction I'd be thrilled. Really need to get an answer on that tranny heating up and using a cooler thing though :).

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
sorry, I guess it sounded like you thought something happened to make you faster.

A cooler is defiantly going to help keep your temps cool. Although if you are pressing the brake then reving the engine it would overheat even with the cooler. I see you with a dead tranny in the not to distant future. If I was you and if your going to continue to abuse your tranny I would flush the fluid about every 10,000 miles.

(btw, If your hitting the rev limiter on an ATX I wouldn't be surprised if it's already on it's way out. I've never seen an ATX anything hit a revlimiter. The computer is programmed to shift before it gets that high. If your bouncing of the limiter I would think you might have a bit of slippage)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It only does it when I manually shift. The damn transmission is so sloppy. I tell it to shift when I get to 6000 and it will shift at around 6500 sometimes it goes past though and hit the limiter. I tell it to shift to Drive at 6250 and it does it just before 7000 but doesn't hit a limiter. And yeh, I can feel it make power all the way to 7 grand.

EDIT will a shift kit make it shift more where I tell it to? I realize it isn't shiftronic but come on, its pitiful the lag it takes to shift.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea I notice that when I manually shift too..it won't shift till it goes another 500-1000 RPMs. You should shift around 6, so move the stick from 1 to 2 when you're at about 5700. how much do tranny coolers weigh? u don't want too much added weight.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts