New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
those look much better:thumbsup:

how hard would it be to fix them to be able to put in sidemarkers??

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
YES! those are hot... I could practically kiss you James for making those sidemarker free.... you finally fixed the MAJOR flaw in those fenders, no offense to anyone who has em on their car or to the people that liked version 1 but I thought that sidemarker looked incredibly stupid there..

BTW -- can you put the black fender piece on again (like the Z3's where you just self stick or drill a hole) or did you do away with that area completely?

whats the black dot on the fender? just a marker or an actual hole?

GREAT JOB! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Mirror piece is completely removed as well as the sidemarker..... the dot on the fender is a Quality Control Passed Sticker.. it comes off :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, nooooooooooooooo now everyone will be copying me by having no side markers on their fenders! :cry: :cry: :cry: (directed at everyone)

:rofl:

Thats cool though James... i agree with Crispy about the sidemarker location on the old fenders, it just didn't look right for some reason and
This design is much nicer, looks fimiliar though - what are they modled after... if anything.

and also, like Chris said - whats up with the black dot thing? is that supposed to be a space for a sidemarker LED or what?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Do you know the difference in weight between this, z3 and oem?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
hehe fenders going cheap i take it??i still like the Z3's would be interested if i could afford it... :) mine are for some crazy reason rustin out...damn ford quality paint job...Canadian winters probably didnt help either...i am not too sure how the red will look on y silver coug though...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
the oem is metal and both the Z3 and the X1's are fiberglass... so bacially about 1/2 the weight of the stockies is what I would estimate

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
i'd go for these fenders too... exept my friends and mom would kill me, they all like the Z3's too much! :rofl:

plus theres a bit of a problem... *cough* my side skirts are kinda molded to them. heh!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
if anyone is interested in the fenders check out my "Crispy Sale" thread in the Midwest NECO forum..

James.. I totally want a set of these babies.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
The new ones are kinda cool, to me they look like a cross between the Z-3's (location of the vents) and the X-1's (the vents themselves)......nice job James :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
The new ones are kinda cool, to me they look like a cross between the Z-3's (location of the vents) and the X-1's (the vents themselves)......nice job James :thumbsup:
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad everyone is liking them... I am even considering molding the insert into my existing fender since my fender flare is already molded.... These are made in limited runs... right now I have only 9 pairs available until the first of December

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
hehe.... I dunno which I like more.... I would really have to see the new ones painted and installed...

I put a lot of time into getting those damn things made... guess it was time wasted...

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
hehe.... I dunno which I like more.... I would really have to see the new ones painted and installed...

I put a lot of time into getting those damn things made... guess it was time wasted...
I'll still have my X-1's Ben.....the time wasn't wasted imo......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts