New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in seeing a new fresh style of fender built for the 99-02 Cougar? We currently offer Z3, X1, and F1 styles but if anyone has an idea for a new style that Neco members would like to see made I am able to build the prototypes and have them mass produced. We already have a new body kit that will be coming out in the next 4-6 weeks and I would not mind adding a set of fenders as well.

Current Line of Fenders

On the new fenders the retail pricepoint would be $189 and we'd sell them at $165.

Anyone care to chime in?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
maybe the BMW M Roadster?

or maybe the BMW Z4 fenders with the cougar head instead of the BMW logo for the turn signal?

or the BMW M Coupe?

or these (found on cardomain)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd prefer to do something that has not been done on another car rather than crossing over an existing style. One oem style that I did like though is the Trans Am.

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Make a fender with some form of a carbon fiber insert :) Anything with a nice carbon piece on it... like the firebird ones but instead of nothing behind the vents a nice piece of CF!!!

Also... make a carbon fiber lip kit for a coug :)

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fenders are the VIS Bullet Series Fenders and I'll have them on our site tomorrow.

Doing a carbon insert in the fender is definately my style. What would you guys think about the Trans Am vents available in carbon fiber as an insert in an oem fiberglass fender

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i think the main reason the firebird vents work with that car is cuz of the molding that goes most way down the car. but itd be worth a try definitely.

heres my first concept, the darkest shaded part would be vent, now that i look at it, it should be smaller, but anyways, the shaded piece in the middle of the top would be c/f, and the rest of the shading represents different heights.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok dont mind the crappy drawing but take a look at this.

I was thinking something like the crescent shao similar to the hood shape on this veilside hood

Maybe carbon fiber can be worked in some how

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
id be willing to test fit?? im only a couple hours away. i wouldnt mind some cf fenders or the bmw m3 style fenders

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We already have a local test car that we'll be using for our new body kit and would use the fenders on that car for marketing :) I'm really not interested in doing the bmw designs. They've been done before and not really innovative.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A little of both. We modified an existing style and changed it slightly to fit the cougar better. I can't really elaborate more b/c of our contract with the manufacturer. I'll post pics as soon as it's in production and we'll begin taking orders.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
so your saying simpler designs than my first one? sorry i get a little carried away sometimes. i'll see what else i can come up with.

would there be any "royalties" per say if you would happen to use someones design as your final product? i mean, itd only be fair.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no b/c I'm just trying to make a fender that would appeal to the masses and see what you guys actually want rather than just making something I like.

Our design team is more than capable of coming up with a design that we like or crossing over an existing style but we'd like to give actual car owners the oppurtunity to tell us what they want. Me peronally as a Cougar owner for nearly 5 years would like to do something new that has not been done before on the other sport compacts and style it for the ougar specifically.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Definitely make something new and not bmw every civic has z3 m3 slr etc fenders. Whatever your making just make sure that it flows well with the cougars lines I would like to see something that blends well with the millenium kit.

So how about some new hoods?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts