New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I currently own a Contour SVT with the Brullen Cat Back and Y-pipe. One of your NECO members with a cougar liked my system so much that he asked me to have one built for him. The system is Stainless Steel and Mandral bent. It will be a Quasi dual setup. I've been working closely with Brullen and we need to know something. If we put this setup to a jig, then we will be able to offer this setup to all cougar owners. However if there is no interest then we will build this one. Here are some pictures of the setup on my car:

Also this setup has been on the dyno and pulled more HP than any other cat back on the market. Oh and if you could only hear the sound......

This is simply a thread to see if there would be interest in this system. The pipe is large 2.5 inches to the split and then 2 1/4 to the tips. Also you have a choice in the tips size and type. Let me know if your at all interested and we can Jig this and start selling them. THanks

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Your main competition is going to be Trubendz since it appears that Borlas aren't widely available anymore (not that their 2.25" piping is all that great all the way from the cat to the tips- Definitely chokes my hybrid). Their kits are fairly inexpensive, and of decent materials and quality. I have heard the Brullen on an SVT- Almost sounds too big for its britches- But some are into that (ex. Dynomax Trubendz...
)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
When does Brullen suspect they can turn out a few systems if the interest is there? Stainless? Got pics of it on the ground? Dyno chart over another brand catback? Does it have mufflers AND resonators? Most importantly, what's the proposed Co$t??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't quit know what you mean about too big for the SVt's Britches but I've yet to find anyone who doesn't like the sound. As for pictures of it off the car here are the only 2 i took:

As I said before this system is Stainless Steel and mandral bent. 2.5 inch piping till the split where it goes to 2 1/4 inch. It comes with your choose of Loud or Quiet mufflers. It also comes with your choose of tips sizes (4 inch, 3.5inch, 3inch) and the tip type(45 degree cut, 9 degree cut, DTM). We have a dyno showing well over 10 HP on a stock SVT however the old website is gone and I'll have to do some searching. Price will depend on if we Jig it or not however it will be competative. Any other questions and I'll be happy to answer them. We are just getting an idea if we need to jig this due to interest. Thanks

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I would be interested. You have a PM

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
I would be interested. You have a PM

This is what I want to hear.

Hey man its been awhile. BUt I didn't get your PM. Sorry

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Looks pretty fancy, maybe ill sell my current duals and rock my stock exhaust for a little.

edit: I currently dont have the cash, so i cant throw you a PM and invest immediately, but chances are i'd be down if this came to close about a month or two from now.

Is this the same stainless tubing the Y was made of? I like it better than the trubendz... thinner gauge = lighter weight. plus i dig on the flange joints.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes guys, once we jig this set up (which we have decided to do) this will be availalbe for everyone to by from now on. It will be distributed exclusevly through my company Ram-Motorsports. I'll keep ya'll updated. We are building the setup next week and we'll begin production soon imediatly. Thanks

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
It looks good, I would be down for one in the future.

I see one small problem, the tips themselves look very short. On contour they look good because of the way the body wraps around them, but on the cougar they are more exposed. I really like the tips on your car, but do them come any longer so its not so obvious on the cougar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts