New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the new exaustr on the cat tonight!!! I got the trubendz dual system with a flomaster. I must say it sounds great!! And the service was awesome too. I got the exaust in like 5 days. Got it 2 days before xmas which was cool cuz it was an xmas preasant.

Installation was ok. but my family has a curse on it. The trubends site says some people can install it in an hour and some in 3 hours.... Well it took us 3 hours and I put liquid wrench on the bolts last night... A few times... Le titr set all night and then put it on a few more times today. started at like 3pm today and still broke a bolt off at the back of the cat. We figured it was just one of the nolts that just pound in to the hole. But it wouldnt come out by hammering on it. We had to grind rhe head off and drill and drill and drill and drill. Then it finnaly came out. After that it was smooth sailing!!!! HEHEHEH I cant wait to replace the y pipe....

Any suggestions on the y-pipe??

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
trubendz y-pipe w/ hi-flo cat. I have one, installed it myself, and love it. I just used WD40 and a lot of muscle power and got it off with hand tools. It would be a lot quicker with air tools tho.

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Brullen Y-Pipe. Avaliable from Ram-Motorsports. Its probably the best y-pipe out for the cougar right now. Its full Stainless steel with a high flow cat i believe. And its cheaper than the Trubendz SS y-pipe with high flow cat.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
hmmm good point, that is a fine y-pipe. I guess I just like mine cuz of the price i got it at :biggrin:

Mike

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I had to use a torch to heat the bolts when I did mine the first time. Plan on using new stainless bolts and stuff though cuz the next time will be much easier if you do.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Get the tru-bendz y-pipe with removable cat. That way if you have to pass emissions, just swap out the straight pipe they include with the high flow convertor.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I was thinking... The trubendz with the removable cat...

I just want to know how much of a pain of the butt the boltz are. I soaked them with liquid wrench when I did the exaust also. But will it be easier if I just say screw it and grind them out and put new bolts in the y pipe??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Brullen with removable cat. Plus is comes with a High Flow cat standard.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
yuh brullens are all removable cat

my brullen-y was probably the single most noticable mod in terms of individual piece by piece gains yet. I havent driven any cars with a trubendz tho so i cant compare. Dont trubendz hang down, though? or did hang down and are being redesigned... or something?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the stock diameter of the piping on the coog? I heard that 3.0 piping is better for turbo applications, so if i wanted to get an exhaust system, i guess i would have to go custom exhaust with 2 flowmasters. that would mean that i would have to get someone to fabricate a custom 3.0 inch y pipe with cat for me too then? if I"m wrong, or if there is a better route, pleaze help.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tru bends will do 3 inch pipe for a little more $$

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow really? not many companies would do that for other cars, even honduhs

D

·