New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so after replacing an over rev'ed engine. I had expected some older parts to break... exhaust gasket at the flex joint, #1 plug wire burning out, interior door release cable getting loose. But now it's getting ridiculous. Just a day or two ago, my car starts with what I can only describe as a whistle or bearing squeal at start up... I have louder than normal exhaust note at RPM's over 3500 and a lack of power too boot. My gut says IMRC is bad, but I don't have an CEL's. And at the same time if not a day or so before, there was/is a thump coming from the rear driver side when I shift with any amount of throttle. Also, in the replacement of the engine I had an SVT clutch put in. Otherwise everything else is stock with only 68k on the clock.

Thoughts? Exact step by step process to fix it for free or cheap?

Thanks, John

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Have you purchased a Haynes manual? They offer step-by-step troubleshooting for each system of the automobile.

BTW, this is a forum for the discussion of improving performance on the 2.5L engine. If you want help troubleshooting, the Problems forum is better for that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts