New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a pain in the ass but I finally got my doors done...You can't see in the pic but on the bottom of the doors are 4" Polk Mids and 1" Lanzar Tweeters...I'll try to get a better pic...The panel fabric is a deep Purple corduroy...I know it sounds crazy but it's a tight fabric and very easy to work with...The stock speaker grill is covered in a purple and white mesh fabric...Doesn't effect the sound...I'm getting ready to do the headliner right now.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
purple cords looking good...did yo pull your panel appart to do this or just glue and cover the original panels?? and dont those components fire right into your seat??

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
looks good man. i like the speaker grills too. if you get like a brushed aluminum dash it (or paint your dash with some silver), that will flow very nicly i think. nice work on the panels man!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the doors completely apart...Major Dremel Work!!!!...I used high strength spray glue to put it on...This is my second attempt at the door imserts...I had a different fabric that was thinner and I couldn't get it to work for nothing...This stuff was easy and I got it on sale for $2 a yard...The mid range just clears the front of the seat and the tweeter you cant see in the pic is above the seat...It's not perfect but it's mostly for show anyway...I just did the headliner...It was really easy!!!...No pics yet b/c all my trim is still not back in...Maybe tomorrow!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
THAT'S PIMP TIGHT YO!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Other than the tweeters firing into your ass looks good. :thumbsup:

Your stereo imaging has to be quite bad. :thumbsdn:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Looks nice Fred.....I still want to see the finished product of the paint in person.......

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know if you want some help doing inserts..Chris taught me how to take mine apart and I taught myself how to cover them and put them back...We can probably do a good job of it now...lol

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Salmonchow
Let me know if you want some help doing inserts..Chris taught me how to take mine apart and I taught myself how to cover them and put them back...We can probably do a good job of it now...lol
Yeah two heads are better then one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes...Still have speakers in the 4 stock locations...Getting ready in the next 2 weeks to install 3 12s...Still haven't decided on an amp but it's gotta be big...I'llpost pics of that process when I start on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts