New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting a thread to get everyone's opinion.
My vote is in their favor...I think they look really good

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I think they look hot as hell.....it'd be a great accent for the front of the car, cause its usually so bland :thumbsup:

As a metter of fact.....the lights just.....make me.....feel....like.....DANCING!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Cosmetics are for the ladies...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
sorry but I just can't spend that much money on something I can make for about $6.00. They don't look that much different than the ones that member's on here have made.

Mike

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
Well...you have a contour...not too many options for you to make it prettier :thumbsup:
HaHaHaHa.. Nice :thumbsup:

I think they are cool looking.. but seeing them on every civic/accord..etc... is gonna make them look silly on a cougar IMHO after awhile.. Like the LED windsheild squirters did half a year ago.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
hmmm....we need CougDude99's help...heh..his dad is an electrician.....where are you!?

Mike

·
Registered
469 Posts
damn i like them but that is way to expensive.... a friend showed me how to make them and the most you will spend is about 30 bucks...... he did it to his car they look like the real thing.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Yea they are really bright, and brighter then most that people make but thats really expensive i think for just 4 rings.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
No need to get all snippy in here now.......just folks doing their american duty and not paying too much for something that is cheap to produce :wiggle:

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
so basically ya could've just said in a normal fashion..."those arent LEDs and thus a higher price"......saving the snotty comments, unless you ar eindeed truly wishing him a nice day to which i'll recant my post....

As for cheap.....well....$50 is cheaper then $180 to me :shrug:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, we have this discourse almost everywhere we go.

Time and again we must PROVE our worth, and you should cut CustomCougars some slack, it's hard to deal with the same skepticism, criticism, and flat out ignorance.

Even guys on this board, that say that they have made them, KNOW that what we are doing is cutting edge.

Sure, $179 "seems" like a lot of money, but so do a lot of things.

First of all, these aren't LEDs, nor are their Neons, Flourescents, Halogen, or any of 8-12 other light sources.

Good luck making these for under $30, in fact, good luck making them at all:) Here is what you get:)

http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/promo/cougar.wmv

Let me, as the manufacturer tell you what goes into this product.

If this was built by some conglomerate, you'd pay $180 for 4 little rings and some dinky pos lighting controllers. Which would have cost them $5 to make. How much do you think a BMW costs to actually make? Barely over $5-7K and a Cougar is probably $3-4K - if even that much. But it's the engineering, blood sweat and tears behind this.

It's also the ONLY product on the market.

So, let's go over it shall we?

Custom Built Lamps (this isn't off the shelf stuff)
Custom Lighting controllers (they have specific tolerances to this product built in).
Custom wiring harness (plug and play, no wasting 4 hours soldering and crimping).
Custom mounting mechanism
Custom 3M high temp, high $$$ Adhesive
Shipping
Packaging (make sure nothing breaks)

If it was up to us, we'd sell it for $99, but it's the price of parts and goods that bumps the price up.

If you guys want to buy 100 or even 300, well, all our prices would dramatically decrease.

It's not just "some rings" - in fact, if you know a cougar owner, have THEM buy this for you and vice versa

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
haha.........reinforcements arrive just in time :rofl:

Look......first and foremost, njneco wont be the stomping ground to flout the good name of demon eyes nor will i be the one cutting CC slack.....you've picked the wrong chapter for that to happen in i assure you :wave:

If it was up to us, we'd sell it for $99, but it's the price of parts and goods that bumps the price up.
I honestly 10000% know this isnt true. I understand there are costs involved in creating and manufacturing them, so i know they cant be free. I also know this is a business and if you are the "exclusive" sales person to it....it's just like winning a war, you take first rights to plunder and pillage the weak, in this case...a reference to cougar owners. If they cost you $80 to make, and you know someone out there god forbid will pay $180 for it.....then why not charge them for it, hell i'd do it too. Im curious what space age marvel of lighting you use to creates these small lighting accessories.

I will give you something. Blood, sweat, and tears are a major factor of someones price. I know if i actually put forth the effort to make something i'd want top dollar myself, but that also does give me the right to say somenoe should do it for cheaper if they can. In the end, its the owners that win through competitive markets, alternatives, and better pricing....and im still under the assumption were all here for the cars.....but then again...im not a fool and i know its not always about the cars now is it :wiggle:

Bottom line is.....save the infomercials. If folks wanna talk down a product, they are allowed. If they wanna make something similar to these marvels of car parts, let them. If i feel like sitting here laughing and shaking my head because i think the price is too high....well...you obviously know the answer by now if ya know me. Also.....save that first line about flat out ignorance on our parts. I take great offense to that type of crap and wont have you come in here acting arrogant and higher-then-thou.....you're nothing more or less then I am, that goes for everyone on here ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts