New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2002 35th Anniversary Cougar

We have to redo the door handles b/c the adhesive ghosted out after it was cleared but other than that turned out pretty nice. We'll be doing some sort of carbon fiber wing on it in the next few weeks and possibly a fiberglass stereo install.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Long time no see(type...whatever). That looks great. The only thing I don't like is the antenna in the back. Is that for satellite radio? Who's car is that???

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
So how much for the drift rear flair? :biggrin:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Craig that looks awesome. Could you give me a rough estimate of how much it would cost to have the widebody kit molded onto my car with the drift rear (just like this one but with the millenium sides).

Thanks

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Looks great Craig :thumbsup: Is the owner someone on here :shrug:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
wow!! that looks pretty neat. awesome work on that car man! :thumbsup:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
so THATS what molded Wings West side skirts look like molded in! :thumbsup:

but geezus christ.... i almost thought that was YOUR car for a minute... i was about to cry and say WHY did you paint it a piss-yellow! :ugh: heh!
and whats up with the crooked exhaust?

the rest looks good though - that will be one happy owner :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
The car is Marty's when I brought my car out there to get it done they were in the process of doing it!!
Craig the car looks great I will see you in December when I drop off my car again!!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Also confused about the antenna? I mean I would prbly shave the front if you are gonna go ahead and get everything done like custom paint, molding etc. But also like Matt said the exhaust? And alot of people seem to be going to that similar shade of orange or whatever color it is.... I mean Im sure if I saw them up close theyed be totally different but thats 3 now with somewhat similar kits and paint. The WW sides look good on that I think. Good work for sure!

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, yep, the mysteries of life eh Madcat? :)

also, he seems to have a second antenna on the back for XM radio (or whatever)... so he wouldn't even need the front one :shrug:

·
Registered
504 Posts
get rid of the windshield decal ,and the muffler. rest looks pretty good body work wise. kinda strange looking on the front flare though how it goes straight down to meet with teh side skirt. doesnt seem to flow to well right there.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
looks sweet! but i do agree with some of the things people sai about the antenna, the exhaust, and the flair. but it looks very nice overall!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I'm actually going to say something that I can't believe I am... I don't like it

the side skirt choice killed it - it doesn't flow at all.. it looks like each piece is a bolt on when infact its not.. is it just me or does that car look god aweful chunky?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
I'm actually going to say something that I can't believe I am... I don't like it

the side skirt choice killed it - it doesn't flow at all.. it looks like each piece is a bolt on when infact its not.. is it just me or does that car look god aweful chunky?
hmm...its **** and pee mixed to make the colour(and im sorry if the owner of the car is offended but hey, its a free country) the sides are horrible, as crispy said, the only thing i like is the ass end but it needs some damn tail covers, and the wheels are too played out as well, it is original tho :-D

·
5,052 Posts
well crazy I think its ****ris gold... so ****/pee color would be right. :)
Hey I like it cause the guy who owns it likes it... would I do that to mine.. nope..
but its his car..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
hey, that color and car reminds me a lot of my presidents car from Another Level Car and truck club in da kankakee section. if u wanna check out our webiste go here heres his car 95 Talon

·
6,085 Posts
My poinion....

Paint dunno, it's one of those colors that lighting can really have a harsh effect. To dark...blah, bright day...might look amazing. But it's definitly a color that shadows don't help.

Body the back end from the door on looks great, but as someone mentioned, where the bottom of the frnot fender meets the skirt it looks choppy. I think if the fender flare extented over it, then blended back it would work. As for the work itself, great job Craig. The tail-light still need a hand in appearance...covers or nightshaded...or both...the red is NOT working. In terms of the muffler...hmm, I'd personally do the 'Y' pipe just to even it out. I'd change out the sidemarkers to black to go with the tint and rims, and those arials...what do you need BOTH for....I'm assuming the rear is for a GPS, but who knows. As for the vent....I'm not a boxter vent fan. They are to tiny IMO for the rear of our car. it's a HUGE rear quarter....it needs somthing a bit bigger.

Overall....it's not my favorite, but it's by far not the worst I've seen. The concept (skirts/front/rear) is somthing different, so I give props for that.

:)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
one last note... this is the second car now with the Boxster vents installed... isn's someone gonna give him a hassle about the vents being crooked.. ? Obviously its the way the vents are and it is all dependant on what angle you are standing at... maybe you guys will stop ripping on my car now..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts