New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are debating on getting another Cougar. I have a 2002 I-4 lazer red and she has been wanting a black one. Well today we found one and are now debating on it. It is an automatic which is what she wants(and needs). It is a 2001 with 25000 miles on it and they want 14,000$. Is this too much or is that about average. P.S. We have a Camry for a work and family car, so here having a new cougar will give me a winter car and I can break mine down and do it the way that I want to.

C

·
0 Posts
Yea, that seems a little high. Hell, I remember seeing 99 and 00 cougars selling for that much brand new. I think you could find a better deal. But it might be worth it to try and haggle with them.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Well, 99 cougars up here in Canada - the "blue book" value is around $9,000cdn ($5000usd)

so yah, i think $14,000usd is a weee bit high, even though its a 2001 w/ 25k on it... is it another I-4? or is it the v6 engine?
see if they will negotiate the price :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
There's plenty of people on these boards that are selling their cougar.

I would buy from someone on the boards than from a dealership if I wanted another cougar.

14,000 is to high.

I'm sure you can find somebody on the boards with an ATX that is willing to sell there cougar.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue book retail is 13,900. It is a duratec 6. But there is also a yellow ZN at another place with 18000 miles on it for 14500. I don't know. yeah after seeing all the prices and bashing of the threads that goes I figured that would be too high.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The ZN would be a nice car... it sits a little higher because of the 17's but it is very nice...

A ZN would be awesome because you could swap the rims on the cars and you could have some nice 17's.

Leather seats are also pretty common in the ZN's.... plus it has a visteon wing :)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
The ZN would be a nice car... it sits a little higher because of the 17's but it is very nice...

im just curious, how would that be if the overall diameter stayed the same?
:shrug:

but yes, like Cougaritus said, Zn would be an awesome choice... you will be getting all the cosmetic goodness that other coogs dont have.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
You coulda bought IntenseImage's cougar for less than that.. and his car was Insane!!

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Originally posted by: Sharkie17

If Ford had put 215/45/17 tires on the ZN, then the overall diameter and thus ride height would not be noticeably different. But for some reason, they put 215/50/17 tires on them making them ride roughly 1/2" higher than other Cougars.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
If these cars are at dealers...walk in, offer them 11,500 and watch what they say.

remember, these are discontinued cars with like no resale value whatsoever, and they want them out of there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Jesus, you can buy that TRICKED out show car on eBay for like 14K... That is WAAAAAAY to high! Even Canadian that'd be too much...

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
hell if you really hunted and there were still a brand new one sitting ona lot somewher eyou could probably get it for almost that price...

F

·
0 Posts
I still have my 2002 black XR 5 speed with all the bells and whistle for $14,000. It has a lot of add on's and only has 16k miles. virtually brand new still. here's some pics. if you're interested just pm and I'll send you all the specs. There's also an ad in the for sale section. just use the search button to look for black XR.

Attachments

F

·
0 Posts
oops, didn't even read that part. In all honesty, not trying to just sell my car, but I feel that everyone should know how to drive a standard. At least well enough to be able to drive in case of an emergency. I am very greatful that my girlfriend knows how to and likes to drive a stick. That way, if her car is ever in the shop and she absolutely must borrow my cougar (cringe at the thought) she would be able to. Also if it was an emergency, it may be very useful to be able to drive a 5 speed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Originally posted by: Sharkie17

but yes, like Cougaritus said, Zn would be an awesome choice... you will be getting all the cosmetic goodness that other coogs dont have.

Both the ZN and the 35 aniversary edition sit higher...I am not sure fi the suspension is setup different or what is different other than the rims being 1 inch thicker...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts