New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,932 Posts
Rent a steam cleaner for the seats.

YoDude is no longer with us; they are now known as TruBendz. And yes, they make a fine product.

Congratulations on buying the sexiest color... and welcome.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
nice sig of georges car :biggrin:

The exhaust can be found at trubendz As for the bumper rattling, do you have foglights? if so check those. Also check the lower grilles. Then if it still continues take off the lower radiator splash shield and examine from underneath. To clean the seats, it would probably be easier if you take them out of the car, and shampoo/vaccum/scrub them clean and put them back in.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Yeah, thats funny that you're using one of George's sigs. I hope to God he's given his blessing on that.

Yeah, for exhaust get the TruBendz. The Flowmaster muffler is too loud for some, in that case go for the Borla or Magnaflow. I'll most likely be using a "custom" bent exhaust though. I have a guy that owns his own muffler shop that gives great prices and does great custom work. He's done 2 exhausts for my friends WRX and it sounds great.

However, I wouldn't reccomend going to just any muffler shop unless you KNOW they do a good job. I have experience with this shop, thus the reason I'm going with him instead of the TruBendz.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I am guess you have an automatic. It would be recommended to install a front mount tranny cooler. It will greatly help keep your tranny cool and running for a long time.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
A/F gauge = pretty light show :thumbsdn:

Get a gauge that'll help- Oil pressure maybe?

Welcome! Get that sig banner cleared with the owner before you continue to use it... :ugh:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
welcome! This man DanG above me knows what hes talkin about. A/F gauge does nothing but blink purty lights!

G

·
This man Lbizboy above me doesnt know what hes talking about. :rofl:

Love the sig man :thumbsup:

As far as gauges I would go with Fuel psi and Oil psi.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,932 Posts
I would go with a voltage meter and oil pressure guage.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: YOSLVR442
i would tend to agree with george on this one. a volt meter isnt really an issue on later model cars. i am personnally doing the oil pres and fuel pressure.
Before calling this statement stone..I'd check out the alternator thread in problems first ;)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,932 Posts
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Originally posted by: YOSLVR442
i would tend to agree with george on this one. a volt meter isnt really an issue on later model cars. i am personnally doing the oil pres and fuel pressure.
Before calling this statement stone..I'd check out the alternator thread in problems first ;)
EXACTLY. Having burned out MORE than my share of alternators, I can't count how many times I've wished I had a volt meter.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Originally posted by: Nemesis
You didnt have to remove your sig dude, George doesnt care :rofl:
Bobby finds it funny when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
Originally posted by: Nemesis
You didnt have to remove your sig dude, George doesnt care :rofl:
Bobby finds it funny when people refer to themselves in the 3rd person!
Doug finds it funny when Bobby types ....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
honostly i have never had an issue with the alternator at all!! now if you have an older car then i would say a volt is needed. there are so many more problems with the old wiring and trying to add things onto the system. newer cars are less prown to this and hence the reason i say you dont REALLY need one. the computer and the car itself has a better managment of the circuits. i have had to many experiences with older cars and NOTHING with ANY new car i have driven!!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
It's not a function of the wiring in the car- It's a function of the alternator design itself! The brushes break down at high RPMs, and gradually the alternator grounds itself out at lower and lower RPM thresholds until it's completely useless. I'm only on my second alt, though- Dealer replaced under extended warranty about 2 years back.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
I have a early 99 and never had one alternator problem.

As far as your front end rattle. Pull the plastic brush gaurd off under the front of the car. It could be anything but you should be able to find it if you pull that off and look around. There might be something sitting on the gaurd bouncing around. I know it can trap stuff on it if you drop something down from up top.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.