New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I was just messing around on the Ford Intranet site this morning and I saw a breif mention of a C4 that is due out this fall.. The only thing I saw on it is it will most likely have the same Visteon package the Zn has.. anyone else hear of this?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
although we both work for ford they don't release engineering information or product development information... all engineering web sites are password protected, sometimes you'll find a loophole in a site but it would be there one day then the next it will be locked down... the only other way to find out about future products is to drive around all the engineering buildings and look for them.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
sorry too busy to do that... plus last time i did that i was told to NOT DO IT AGAIN as my job could be in jeopardy

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well with Puck and I both in Dearborn we have many test buildings and such in the immediate area. I dont think there is more than a 10 or 15 min commute between all the Ford buildings in Dearborn.. From my building I can look across the street and see the test track (tho they do keep it nicely protected). Also keep in mind there are MANY lots that house the ford inventory in the area, one of which is next to my building and there is one next to puck so we do have SOME access.. tho as puck said the security is as tight as a ducks a$$.. I do have freinds in PD who I may be able to get limited info on.. Ill try to poke around and see if I can find anything out.. I thought this was something that was out there...

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
well last year i posted pics of a 2001 cougar S prototype on the net that i found in the parking lot of the Gas and Turbine labratory (ford building) in dearborn.... needless to say i was asked to take them down...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
well, the most popular aftermarket mods for the cougar for the last couple of years have been:

(1) 17" wheels
(2) visteon hood scoop
and
(3) cat-back dual exhaust

and Mercury marketing folks are made aware of this fact.

BTW, what happend to C3?

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Bzcat,

You are awesome!

When is the C3 coming out? Are you goign to be able to order it? Or is it really going to be a special edition this time? DETAILS.

And colors. (very important to me) Purple??? white?? Only two colors I like!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hey... isnt there a GMC c3 or a silverado c3? I think one of those trucks stole the c3.... anyways... As I posted in another thread... I did see a new cougar 01 style with a body kit and dual exhaust... it was the new blue colour. To far away and too late for me to notice anything else. Sorry guys... Manufactures plates.... Seems like whenever I see a coug now I first check the exhaust then the licence plate.... heh.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It's ripped off from the Corvette, except the Cougar uses it as badging. For the Corvette, it's a code name.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.