New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW Cold Air Intake Developed: An alternative to GMK

Are you tired of knowing that you'll have to move your battery and fuse box to install a CAI system?

Are you tired of complex install procedures for an ATX?

If so, then you need the TITAN Cold Air Induction system. DYNO TESTED , DYNO PROVEN, CUSTOMER PROVEN

YES , I have an ATX along with GrayV6.

The dyno plots will be posted later today!

The TITAN CAI eliminates the need for relocation of any engine components. So NO, you do not need to relocate your battery to the back or move your fuse box on the battery bracket. The only thing required for the installation of this intake is to drill a 3.5 inch hole and slide your fuse box and battery over. Here is a picture showing what I mean.

Yes I have installed this intake on my OWN vehicle and it has performed beyond expectations. As of right now there are 6 vehicles that either have this intake or will be getting this intake VERY SOON. Those customers include ND4SPD, RISTA, JOHNNYRED, GRAYV6, CRISPY, and MXOPLYX. In addition, there are others that have seen this intake in person and can attest to the quality/ pricing / and convenience this intake system provides.

So now you may ask how much am I going to have to pay for this so called " TiTAN CAI SYSTEM"? Well here is where we sweeten the pot. Along with not having major relocation required to install this intake, THE COST IS $124.99 SHIPPED for chrome! What does $124.99 shipped get you?

It gets you the following items

- 3 piping extensions in CHROME
- 3 couplers
- 6 clamps
- Air filter
- Instruction booklet

Here is a snapshot of the package that GRAYV6 received minus the filter which was not pictured

Will the INTAKE WORK ON MY CAR?

To date, this intake has been tested and has been shown to fit the INJEN, AEM, and KKM.
But what if I have an aftermarket bumper?

The TITAN CAI has also been fitted and road tested on the DragonZ, 99-00 Bumpers, and 01-02 Bumpers.

If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or ND4SPD and we will accommodate you as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
RE:NEW Cold Air Intake Developed: An alternative to GMK

I'm having a hard time distinguishing this from an exact copy of the GMK plus one 2inch extension. You just state that you can "move things over" instead of relocating them which in reality would be best.

·
Registered
674 Posts

I am one of the people who received this intake for testing, and I am real happy with it. I was thinking of getting the GMK but the battery re-location was really holding me back. I couldn't justify spending 60 dollars for just a kit to do it; It was just way more work than I wanted to do. I installed this kit with the KKM filter in about an Hour. I'ts not really that hard to install; I found the best way to make a hole in your fender wall is to drill a variety of small holes then "connect the dots" with a flathead screwdriver and hammer. I am real happy with this intake and there's no more heat soak! If you would like a customers personal opinion or questions feel free to PM me as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Originally posted by: Blackcoog
I'm having a hard time distinguishing this from an exact copy of the GMK plus one 2inch extension. You just state that you can "move things over" instead of relocating them which in reality would be best.

With the GMK you have a nipple that has to be covered. Mine doesnt. With the GMK you will pay 188 shipped. With the GMK you have to relocate your battery, which in reality most people do not want to and dont want to pay for relocation. For mine you pay 124.99, No battery relocation kit needed to be purchased, and no nipple that has to be covered. Which would you rather get?

The decision is yours, everyone now has a choice.

·
Registered
674 Posts

also with the GMK you have to re-locate your battery and thanks to summit that's another 42.95

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts

With the GMK you have a nipple that has to be covered. Mine doesnt. With the GMK you will pay 188 shipped, for mine you pay 129. Which would you rather pay?
Very true who would want to pay more. Hmmm maybe I should go out and make some for $110 shipped. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Originally posted by: Blackcoog
With the GMK you have a nipple that has to be covered. Mine doesnt. With the GMK you will pay 188 shipped, for mine you pay 129. Which would you rather pay?
Very true who would want to pay more. Hmmm maybe I should go out and make some for $110 shipped. :)
Feel free to do so! It would be better for the Neco Community. Why didnt you do that in the first place? Ive never owned the GMK nor am I out to make a ton of money with this. Im here to provide a SIMPLE and CHEAPER alternative to the GMK, that is all , business is business. BUT, Please dont hate on me because of the fact that you have a GMK.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts

Please dont hate on me because of the fact that you have a GMK
Who said I was hating on you? Just trying to figure out how you can't move things over with the GMK design similar to this. It is cool to see cheaper alternative. Good luck with sales.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
RE: NEW Cold Air Intake Developed: An alternative to GMK

I've seen this intake in person and wow I must say I was impressed....the sound and feel of it (riding with Dgnzcoug) is amazing...if only I had a v6 :cry:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

I like this intake... I'm going to be buying it whenever I get a job. The chrome will match my wheels :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

so who do i send the money to?:biggrin:

·
Registered
674 Posts

Send it to meeeee!!! J/K PM George DgnZCoug if you are interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: JohnnyRed
Send it to meeeee!!! J/K PM George DgnZCoug if you are interested.
Actually everyone please PM ND4SPD with orders. Please inform him of your address , current short ram setup, and any other special requests.

Im looking at doing 25 at a time, but if demand is high I will TRY to accommodate accordingly

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I'll be installing mine shortly and I am 100% sure that it will fit with the Drift bumper...

BTW -- this is a steal of a deal for those of us that already have a short ram... I never was hot about relocating my battery and now thanks to these fine folks I don't have to... :biggrin:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug

Actually everyone please PM ND4SPD with orders. Please inform him of your address , current short ram setup, and any other special requests.
Yep... release the hounds... :tongue:
I am "part 2" of this intake, George takes care of the intakes, and I take care of all of you :biggrin:

George and I set off to create this intake because we were tired of seeing and hearing about a certain product... getting all hyped up about it, then seeing the price tag.
We share both a mutual love for working on our cars, and a mutual dislike for things being so expencive.
There are just somethings that are so expencive, that they are almost out of reach of a "common car modifier" such as George or myself.

This is the main reason why we developed the Titan CAI - so that the average person, working on any budget, can buy something that performs GREAT and at a LOW price.
So many people go out and buy regular short ram intakes for $150+... intakes which are doomed to suffer from heatsoak right out of the box.

The Titan CAI costs less than these short rams... so now, there is no longer a need for another cougar owner to buy a short ram kit ever again. And if you already HAVE a short ram intake, the Titan CAI extension kit will connect right to it, and will not require you to save up an entire paycheck.

Plain and simple - the Titan was not developed out of anger or spite, but it was created so EVERYONE has a chance to own a great performance product that WORKS and at a low price which is easy to afford.
Whether you're on a highschool student budget, or are heavily into AutoCross or Drag Racing... this CAI should come as a welcome change to the multitude of expencive performance parts.

Speaking from my heart... I can say, that this intake was brought about for the reason of maybe generating some healthy competition, and maybe reducing prices on intakes for ALL cougar owners.
Before ANYTHING - George and I are cougar-enthusiasts... not buisness men.

For everyone that i've gotten to know on this forum for the past 2 years... Trust me :)

Oh, and for the record - coog, I do agree that relocating the batter is a great thing for obvious space and weight reasons. But you must realize that while you and various other people are performance oriented, there are more people who just DONT want to move their battery, for whatever reason. and i think that you shouldn't HAVE to relocate it for an intake... to me that is kind like having to fix something to fix something else... a "chain reaction" mod i call it :tongue:
The point is though - with the Titan... you still CAN relocate the battery, but you no longer HAVE to :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
"The only thing required for the installation of this intake is to drill a 3.5 inch hole and slide your fuse box and battery over."

->How easy is it to cut the 3.5" opening?

I mean do I have to take out parts to gain access to that part where the hole has to be created?
and what has to be cut how thick is that - I dont want to accidently cut through it and damage something else in the process
what should I look out for?

->What do you mean by "slide your fuse box and battery over"?

So I need to take out the battery and fuse box out in order to install?

Sorry for all the questions I am like a newbie in installing performance mods
If there are gonna be detailed instructions that would be great

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
mine should be arriving soon as well:banana: so i will have another on road opinion for you guys. but i was chosen as a prototype tester as well and have kept up with the progress on this thing from day 1 and george and matt really have everything worked out for you guys. plus, it's cheap as hell, how could ya go wrong?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by: CougarKat
"The only thing required for the installation of this intake is to drill a 3.5 inch hole and slide your fuse box and battery over."

->How easy is it to cut the 3.5" opening?

->What do you mean by "slide your fuse box and battery over"?

So I need to take out the battery and fuse box out in order to install?

Sorry for all the questions I am like a newbie in installing performance mods
If there are gonna be detailed instructions that would be great
Its fairly easy, Johnnyred and I have a way to cut the hole that makes the install a snap. A FULL Printed HOW-TO will be coming with the intake in your box as well as the online how-to. You will need to remove your battery and have a friend drop it in.

We will also be unvailing a web site devoted to this intake very shortly to answer your common questions, place an order, and take a look at the appropriate how tos for install.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Not a problem at all Kat :)

George found it easier for him to take the battery out of the car, and just unscrew the fusebox from its position and "push it out of the way" when cutting.
its not "nessessary" - but you should do it for comon sense reasons - it gives you lots of room to work with - so you dont mess anything up :)

and cutting the hole depends on what tools you use - if you go to a hardware store, and pick up a 3" / 3.5" metal hole cutter... the whole process will only take you 30 seconds or so.
if you are doing the "drill 50 smaller holes in a circle, then punch it out" it will take you longer.

and of COURSE, every kit will come with a VERY detailed how-to :)
plus you can call Georges cell phone, or email me at anytime night or day... we are like 24/7 live tech support :rofl:

i also want to mention that its looking VERY good that this intake will work on I4 cougars too :thumbsup however the I4's will probably have to have an short ram already installed. :)

1 - 20 of 110 Posts