New Cougar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Josh. I'm a 20 year-old guy from Salida, Colorado. I just moved to Yuma, AZ a few weeks ago, and brought my 2nd-owner 2002 2.5L silver Cougar C2 with me. It's got about 50k, and was babied the for the first part of its life. I've been looking for performance-parts sites for the cat since before I bought it, and I haven't been having much luck. I remembered seeing the name "fastcougar" on a white fast-as-s*** cougar back in Cherry Point, NC, so I searched it... and here I am.

I've mainly worked on electronics, never really mechanical things. In fact, I repair avionics systems on jets. I've got a real itch to learn all I can, and make this beast the most fearsome thing in southwest Arizona.

Anyways, I'm here. Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to mod the cougar.

·
Premium Member
24,676 Posts
Originally posted by: Aeglos
Thanks for the welcome. I'm almost afraid to ask... who is Bobby?
Go check out the Arizona Chapter..You'll find out soon enough :biggrin:

And welcome! :wave:

:wiggle:

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Maybe we should just make a sticky in here "WARNING: LOOK OUT FOR BOBBY!" :shrug:

Geez, you guys act like I'm gonna go kill the poor guy. I'm guessing since he's in Yuma, he's there as a Marine? If thats the case, he'd kick my ass in a heartbeat if I crossed him.

BTW Josh, you've got some stiff competition for "baddest ***** in southwest Arizona", Jason ("tunes" here on the forums). His Coug is currently the fastest, most powerful Coug in AZ NECO. IIRC, he was saying he's dyno'd 151fwhp NA, 201fwhp on spray, and should be running in the 14's. Not sure what he ran at Cougarfest last month, though.

And we've all got a long ways to go to beat the fastest car in AZ NECO. Philip (95toursleeper) has a turbo'd 95 Contour, that can beat STi's with ease. I think he's got all of us covered.

Like I said in the AZ Section, welcome aboard! And no, I'm no where near as bad as some of these guys try to make me seem.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, you're right. I'm a Marine. I work at the airbase on Harriers. We'll just have to see. By the time I leave here in 4 years, my C2 should be at least close to completion. Should be fairly quick.

·
Registered
933 Posts
hey hey welcome to the boards myself and ice992 are both marines at cherry point

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice. Which one of you two was the one that had the white cougar that was always at the student barracks a couple months ago? There was a white cougar... no spoiler... that I believe worked nights delivering pizza (a never-ending job in Cherry Point). Ring any bells?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice. Which one of you two was the one that had the white cougar that was always at the student barracks a couple months ago? There was a white cougar... no spoiler... that I believe worked nights delivering pizza (a never-ending job in Cherry Point). Ring any bells?
Ice and I both have white cougars, he did the pizza delivery and the mine has painted blue headlights, with blue grills and fogs. The one that was in the student parking lot is some ricer punk that riced out a cougar. poor car, I've tried to talk to him a couple times but he has eaten one to many boxes of uncle bens.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, Ice did the delivery, gotcha. I liked that one. The riced one the student had looked like crap. The kit wasn't fitted right, and it didn't seem like he had a whole lot more done to it than that kit (I might be wrong, I didn't hang around that car much). I would have rather had that gunmetal 350z that was at the transient lot than that cougar.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ok, Ice did the delivery, gotcha. I liked that one. The riced one the student had looked like crap. The kit wasn't fitted right, and it didn't seem like he had a whole lot more done to it than that kit (I might be wrong, I didn't hang around that car much). I would have rather had that gunmetal 350z that was at the transient lot than that cougar.

you probably never saw mine since it was parked for a few months while I was fixing some problems I was having and getting the front bumper repainted and on top of that it is always parked during the day, since I work nights 6 days a week, and when i'm not working I'm sleeping or at a friends house working on the car, I'll tell you this much ice was and might still be a instructor at the school house. for the harrier side of it. you might know him

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hm... didn't know he was a Harrier instructor. That's my bird too. I'm avionics, so he might be an ordnance, framer, or powerline guy. Dunno. Still, it's cool finding some people on a site that I actually have seen around. lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah I know how that is, hang out take leave next year and come to Cougarfest, just make sure you search before you ask.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, I just might do that. AND, that gives me a chance to make my cougar NOT stock.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Hey Josh Whats up man... yea... that was my piece of [censored] coug lol... glad those fastcougar.com stickers i had on my car did some good :thumbsup: welcome to the boards man, like clay said... use search before asking a stupid question, or atleast PM me or clay if you have a stupid question before getting flamed :biggrin:

Dan

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol @ Dan
I had just read your post, actually. *yawn* Lazy Sunday, think I'll kick back with a Mtn. Dew and some doughnuts, scan through Creative Compacts and Andy'sAutoSport for parts, and make a list of the ones I want.

BTW, it was mentioned that you're an instructor. I'm curious, what did you teach?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.