New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No real purpose for this thread other than to say that we were finally able to buy my wife her own car so she doesn't have to borrow the Coug all the time! We picked up a 1992 Range Rover off of ebay for a pretty good deal. I put a pic up from the auction. I need to take some new ones because we used Meguiar's medium cut cleaner and Meguiar's high tech yellow wax on it last weekend, and it helped quite a bit. There are a couple issues that he neglected to mention, but he ended up giving us some money back to cover most of it. I think mostly it just needs some TLC. These are great off-roaders, but the luxury aspect was sort of an after-thought. And not much can be said for the British wiring job...

Maybe someone out there can help us with one of our mysteries...When we got the car it was sans driver's side automatic seat switch. I bought a new one (which wasn't cheap) and installed. I also saw that both fuses for the driver's side seat were blown, so I replaced them too. The switch worked to adjust the seat base forward, but when I moved it back it blew the fuse. The same with the seat back. A few days later I changed the fuse again just for the seat back and it worked forward and backwards for about an hour during a drive, then when I went to try it again...fuse blown! Any ideas!

Attachments

· Premium Member
24,676 Posts

· Premium Member
8,807 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.