New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered new KVR Cross-Drilled front rotors and Mintex A/F Street Pads from Sp Motorsports. I went to put them on and noticed a broken wheel stud(@!#$). After replacing the stud I was able to change out the pads and rotors and while I was at it I went ahead and painted the calipers.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Ok thats is nice but you HAVE to remove the speed clips. When putting on custom wheels you must remove these. Custom wheels do not have a recess for them like stock wheels. Meaning your wheels dont sit flush on the hub.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: CATerina
Ok thats is nice but you HAVE to remove the speed clips. When putting on custom wheels you must remove these. Custom wheels do not have a recess for them like stock wheels. Meaning your wheels dont sit flush on the hub.

I did not realize that and you are the first one to tell me but I will sure remove them. Do you think they might be causing me the little virbration that i am getting?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarRida
How do You remove these clips ?
How'd you get them off to replace your rotors? That should tell you how.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clips are gone and it rides alot smoother now thanks.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
and a hubcentric ring also helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The goldish copper ring on there is a hub centric ring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.