New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
leagal as long as the bulb isnt showing, and if you have led kit the have to be solid cannot be in motion

·
Registered
586 Posts
red and blue are illegal i might add, but ive never seen anyone pulled over for them, just make sure if they are red or blue that the bulbs are well hidden

·
Registered
586 Posts
only if the bulbs are showing, ive talked to alot of cops about it, they dont care as long as ur not drwaing attention to your self i have yet seen anyone pulled over for them

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Think about it though.. if the cops in a bad mood. There's not guarantee :shrugs: I'd rather just play it safe. Whenever I see red, it normally means stop (stop light, stop sign, brake lights).. and blue means get the hell out of the way.. (or oh [censored]!, depending on the situation)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I had blue neons on my cars for three years and was never pulled over once. I passed many cops, I even drove around w/blue angel eyes alon w/interior and exterior neons. My car is pretty well known by the cops in my town unfortunately thanks to a stuck up bitc* that lives in my small town. I've also passed numerous state troopers again w/no problem. When I contacted the State Highway Patrol office and local cop stations they said "they're isnt a specific law bc it varies too much from place to place, however as long as the the light is not flashing it would require a much greater violation than just lights in order for an officer to pull you over". I have a neighbor who is a cop, and one of his friends is a state trooper and they said the same thing. I'm in Daytona Beach now and they have a specific law against it, but when asked they said once again "it would require more of a violation than just lights as long as they're not flashing in order to be pulled over". Don't be an idiot about it and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'll give it to ya straight they can be any color not showing bulbs. You can have red and blue as long as they are not flashing or strobing and any interior neons has to be below dash level not on rear window or above your head (no bulbs can be seen from the outside).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.