New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be centering it tomorrow. I didn't even realize it wasn't centered until after I installed it. I gotta stop rushing wit everything

Also, I used to have a light behind the emblem like you described, but it wasn't too bright. I wasn't even gonna keep the emblem there, but after turning the light on it looked good so I decided to leave it.

G

·
How did you wire it? I was also thinking of doing that.

EDIT: What size tube is it? looks better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't really hard at all. Just pop off the upper grill, and screw it on. As for wiring, I just hooked it up to the battery and ran a switch down near the trunk and hood releases inside the car. As for the size, it's just a regular 15" tube.

The grill is the 99-00 grill. Last summer I gutted the grill leaving only the outside intact. Then I added some gutter guard mesh and painted it black. For the emblem, I cracked it open, scraped the paint off the back of the cougar head, and drilled out the back so it would be hollow.

This morning I went out and changed the cougar emblem a lil bit. Here's 2 new pics:

New shot with the light on
A shot of the emblem itself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.