New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a neon light that goes to the music. is there anyway i can hook the wiring up to the battery so that i don't have to use the cigarette adapter?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you most definitely can... just cut the wires... the one with the stripe is the negative, the other is the positive... although if you hook it up to your battery it will always be on... another thing to do is hook it up to your ignition on a relay... for info on that make a post in the audio electrical section of this board

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot!! i'm a beginner at this stuff. I'll need alot of help on my cougar!!!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the info. is it hard to get to the switch in the dash? that sounds like a good idea to do that. thanks alot!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
There are 2 ways of doing it, first is the cheepest.

1. Go to radio shack and get a 3Amp switch for it and you have to cut some of the plastic away to make it fit right - this is how it is setup right now in my car

2. Buy another Assy. for that and take out on of the switches from the new on and add it to the old, and finding the 2 wires that you need for power and ground - this is what I am going to do

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
well here's the easiest way for one neon. Cut the wires and put the ground to a ground source. or acceptable metal source. Take the power wire and tap it into the power for the cig lighter. this way it's on when the car turns on. If you want to control when it's on go to your local home depot and pick up a toggle switch $1.00-1.50. and hook it in, in series. I mounted mine on my driver side kick panel. It's outta the way, but could be turned off with the flip of a foot (for those pesky cops)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts