New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows anything about lifting the front of a cougar just a little bit please let me know. i bought the aerogear xtreme front bumper and the roads where i live are kinda bad so it scratches sometimes and i just wanted to be able to lift it for daily driving and lower it for shows but i need to lift it first because the stock height is too low

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the best way i would assume is to get some coilovers. You can adjust the ride height to whatever you want, slammed to the ground... or high as a monster truck. that would solve your problem.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Actually, coilovers will give you .5" drop once installed at tallest height. You can then drop the front 3" and the rear 3.5". If you want to be able to go higher than stock, invest in airbags. I believe with bags, you can get the car up higher than with stock. Thats what i assume from pics of Caterinas car.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Taller tires would buy you a litlle extra clearance. Does anyone know if stock Contour springs would ride higher than stock Cougar springs?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
yeah, get some 18's or 19's, and your car wil be a bit higher..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the cheapest way to get a lift. i know airbags cost over a grand and so do new rims. what can i do to lift the front without paying that much??? and how much do airbags actually cost and are they remote controlled?? and also who makes them for the 99 cougars??? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts