New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me. If anyone knows how to install a visor monitor and playstation 2 please let me know how. If possible include pics.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
here's a few crappy pics of mine. pretty easy setup. just ran all the wires behind everything

Attachments

G

·
The major question I have is how do you power the PS2?
I'm guessing, no one uses a radio shack cigarette lighter power inverter.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: AcacianCat
The major question I have is how do you power the PS2?
I'm guessing, no one uses a radio shack cigarette lighter power inverter.
You most certainly can... just a few splices and you're good to go....

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread here but just curious, what kind of inverter is used (wattage, voltage etc.) and where do you splice it into, cig lighter maybe?

·
Administrator
15,524 Posts
Well, there really isn't any other way to power it that I know of...you need to have some sort of power inverter. I bought one at Radio shack that accepted power and ground right from my distribution block. When I wanted to use the PS2, I just turned the inverter on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey guys I'm just curious, but I'm getting a sunvisor screen shorter and I was wondering if you need a hu with an input to get to come out of the stereo? I have never hooked a ps2 up in a car before so I was curious, thanx;)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
or if you have an aftermarket radio it might have a set of wires that you can plug the red and white wires from the PS2 into. Then the yellow wire from the PS2 goes into the monitor, and you're good to go. I used a power inverter from an auto store, cost about $30, it was the cheapest and least powerful one they made and it worked fine.

Mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
Cool, thanx. I'm going to try and hook up mine this december when I have a little extra money

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im going to hook up a system, with the ps2 in the glove box, 7" TFT display somewhere... i dont know where yet, using an fm modulator, and 12VDC inverter, ill get it done tommorow and post pics soon................

·
Registered
59 Posts
Installation went smooth as chunky peanut butter. Buts its all done, found out my cigarette lighter doesnt wrk.. is there some kind of relay in the lighter that uses that blue wire to allow voltage thru? the lines are not energized normally :( so I just hard wired my stuff all into a single switch that turns it all on or off, quite slick work i must say, pics coming soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts