1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the mercury emblem from the rear
now there are 3 holes that need to be covered

so what should i replace it with?

sticker (thundercat, etc), emblem (ford, etc)
I dont wanna put on something like R-Type

I need something that will stay on during rain, snow and not fade or anything

·
Registered
429 Posts
Get a carbon fiber cougar-head emblem (I forget the website...do a search)...or get the emblem from the front grill (at any ford dealer) and put that there...but that sticks out alittle more.

I wouldn't recommend stickers or vinyl over holes.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Maybe you should have thought about that before you took it off. Haha, J/K. Yeah, they are kinda expensive, but they look good.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: EricF
Smiley Face Sticker? Maybe scratch-n-sniff... ;)
fill it with bondo and paint
LOL or one of these

jk. get a ford emblem from your dealer. Dirt cheap and actually uses those holes directly.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hey . . . go to the Ford/Lincoln/or Mercury dealer and buy the 'Grill emblem for a 99/02 cougar . . . they will charge like 8 bucks . . . there are two or three prongs on the back that you need to break off . . . there is already double sided tape on so just stick it on . . . it is a little smaller than the mercury symbol so it doesn't look so . . . ummm . . . MERCURY . . .
-Josh

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just to let ya know too...the cougar head does stick out more (its thicker) than the mercury symbol. Thats why some people go with the ones from Muskat racing...they're thinner.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Or you can get the 3 1/2" Ford emblem that goes on the ZX3 hatchback. It's 11 bucks, if I remember correctly, and you just grind down the two pegs and stick it on. Looks OEM to me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts