New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..
I have a 2001 red/maroon cougar and i need some improvements i am bored with my car right now. I am getting my windows tinted here in about a week...should i just darken them or get the mirror tint done? I also want to get a system so my sound is better, but i am your typical stupid girl when it comes to cars and i dont want to get something i dont need or wont be best for my car...so have any ideas on how to spice up my car a little, but remember i am your typical girlie-girl so nothing to "guyish" i guess you could say. Okay that might totally sound stupid but if you have suggestions hit me up! :confused:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
What you're asking for is completely subjective.

As far as the tint goes, I say forget the mirror tint - I think it looks horrible on most vehicles, and it's an easy way to pull more attention to you by the cops -- and with any tint, the less attention you pull, the better. :biggrin:

When it comes to head units and systems, it's going to come down to the amount of money you're willing to spend. Most people on here will recommend Pioneer, Alpine, Panasonic head units (got a Pioneer myself), and then move from there.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: TW34
Hey..
i am your typical stupid girl when it comes to cars

I don't know about the other women here but I definitely don't take kindly to that statement. Just because you are a girl does NOT make you uneducated when it comes to cars, please don't think that, because it makes the rest of us look bad.

Your best bet is just to learn as much as you can. You can find oodles of information on the internet...Try and learn about things before you buy them, almost everything that can be done on a cougar has been done, so you can read about how things have failed or helped people in their modifying. The color you are most likely describing is Laser red...a maroon/red color. I would just stick with black tint, I think there are only a few cars that I've ever liked with mirror tint. As far as a system, how much do you want? There are tons of combinations....do you want to compete or just have a nice sound? Do you want your ass to rattle with bass? There are lots of options. My opinion for you is that you could just upgrade to a nicer headunit and component speakers, and that would probably be enough. Feel free to pm me or anyone else on the board, we're always glad to help.

Kelly.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Go to www.cougardb.com. There are profiles of people's cars there, so you can see exactly what all the different cosmetic mods look like. (Including tint) I feel that you shouldn't limit what you do to your car just because you are a woman and believe that people will think that you are a tom-boy or something. Personally, I think it is VERY sexy to see a lady step out of an awesome looking car!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
it's all in what you think you would like. the modifications people do to there cars is based on there personal taste.

you can also look at http://www.cougarimage.com to see more pictures etc.

do the research, search the boards you should find what your looking for discussed many times.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks you guys are awesome!!

i didnt mean ne thing bad by my statement about being a typical girl when it comes to cars...but that is a very popular steroetype i just meant i need help...so sorry if you took that wrong!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
definitely check out pictures, get active with your local chapter, see the cars in person, go to shows and pick and choose the things you like to do to your car and go from there.
don't let anyone influence you on what YOUR personal tastes are.
If you like it, and others don't, touch crap.

happy modding!

btw, I didn't take offense to your typical girl comment. I knew what you meant by it :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I definitely agree - go with plain black tint. something in the 20% range is usually dark enough so that its 'nice' but you can still see out of it at night :)

as far as audio systems go, right now, i personally have 2 12" subs, amps, jl speakers, pioneer headunit and it is all WAY too much for me :tongue:
so i would recommend maybe 2 10" subs, or 1 12" one, with a nice little amplifier to power it... then if you feel like you need more - get a nice headunit and upgrade the door speakers

tones of stuff you can do - just remember to have fun while doing it! :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
as far as audio systems go, right now, i personally have 2 12" subs, amps, jl speakers, pioneer headunit and it is all WAY too much for me :tongue:
that's funny, I had 2 15"s, diamond hex comps. pioneer deck, and a lot of power and it wasn't enough for me.

but anyways, I personally think dark everything (tint, sidemarkers, wheels) looks good on that color, but do your own thing.

-Eric

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
damn dude! i guess i'm just not the kinda person who wants to wake up the neighbourhood :tongue:

well... actually, i'm installing 2 more 12" subs and another amp for next year - but its just cause i feel like my audio isn't keeping up with the rest of the car. (but i'm the first one to admit i don't "need" it :tongue: )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts