New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im alittle new to the hole car audio seen so maybe you guys can help me out with some questions I have:

does anyone have experience with this car deck -
ALPINE CDA-9855 CAR AUDIO CD/MP3/XM PLAYER RECEIVER
or
2005 ALPINE CDE9845 AM/FM RADIO CD/MP3/WMA STEREO RECEIVER

*any others that are good plz post I do perfer alpine*

and for a Sub

2005 AUDIOBAHN AW1206T CAR STEREO SUBWOOFERS

or alpine 12" type S

and for an amp I was looking at some alpine...

and this one
NEW ALPINE MRV-F450 5 CHANNEL CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER AMPS

or
NEW AUDIOBAHN 1600watt CHROME FAN-COOLED CAR AMPLIFIER(AUDIOBAHN A2200HCT)

** is this any good or the company .. 2005 PYRAMID 2 CHANNEL 2400 WATT CAR AMPLIFIER (PYRAMID PB1836GX)**

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Pyramid= BUdget equipment..I mean Low budget euipment.. I had a set of Pyramid 10's back in 93..Best 10's I ever owned..They pounded hard! And they wer cheap as hell too. Cheap meaning if 1 were to blow..you wouldn't get mad..just toss it and buy another..LOL!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so u think pyramid is a OK brand for an amp or should i save a bit more and buy something better...

thanks lostracer

any other suggestions

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Depends on what you want in the end...You spend more in the long run if you buy cheap now and until you can afford what you REALLY want. If you're patient, you can save for what you want and get it then. And you have to replace anything. What is your main solution for this? What exactly do you want?

Alpine is good, but will cost you.
I don't have any experience with Audiobahn, but I haven't heard any negatives about it either..If you're serious into really wanting Alpine or audiobahn..I belive Audiobahn would be your financial goal.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i will go with an alpine head unit and either alpine amp or audioBAHN amp , now for subs hmmm still trying to decide .

any suggestions...

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Alpine subs are pretty decent. Actually..once you choose your amp, then choose your subs. Staying with the same manufacturer in that light normally yields better results in your sound quality.
Alpine HU good. Maybe someone can chime in on the audibahn amps..there are a few members that swear by them..Crispy is one who can give you good word on them..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k thanx for your help lostracer

·
Registered
82 Posts
For a headunit alpine is a good way to go, reliable, simple, good sound, and the prices aren't that bad. For subs the AW1206T is totally the way to go good sound, they hit pretty hard, but they are monsters when it comes to power you'll need around a 1000 watts to power one, If your goin with 2 subs the A2200HCT amp will work pretty well for them (the setup i'm running now) you may want to go with the a1500hct amp which gives 2000 watts to them and will show there full potential. I've e never had a problem with alpine or audiobahn. In my opinion they the way to go! for a vis aid take a look at my setup:here

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
personnally, ( i install car audio) I've seen a lot of audiobahn subs come in cooked... im a JL fan, both from experiance, and seeing how many of each sub come in cooked... however if you decide to go all audiobahn, dont do what eckodizastaunit did and mount the amp to the box... think from a theives point of view... you've got 2 cars side by side, both with decent systems in them... looks in the window, sees an amp mounted securely to an amp board and box bracketed down, looks in car #2, sees speaker box with amp mounted to it, 3 wires, amp control and rca's to disconnect and its all his....... hmmm from that perspective what would you choose? but with an amp that has that large of a footprint mounting options are limited. I prefer JBL amps... no matter the power output, they all have the same footprint, making mounting very easy... JL amps are also sweet. As far as alpine subs/ amps... personnally I dont like their subs... their amps are ok... when combined they make for a decent "entry" level system... nothing flashy or fancy... Just my $.02... whatever you decide if you have any problems with installing or tuning or anything I'm sure myself and many others can chime in to aid... :thumbsup:

Dan

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey ice your right about the thieves point of view I thought about the when building my system then I realized that a cargo cover that would cover it all up, so the only people that would know its there is when i open the trunk. aslo I do like JL audio too but it can get a little pricey.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ooh ooh pick me pick me!! ok so i had a alpine 7894 deck for a year or two that was about 3 years old it was a really nice deck i loved it... i just upgraded to the 9855 and i am blown away by how much better it sounds and all the crazy awesome functions it has! it is just amazing what that deck is capable of no matter how much people talk down alpine i have to say in all the car stereos i have used and listined to (which is a lot cause i sell them) i am the most impressed with the 9855. as for the amp i also have an alpine 4 channel cant remember the model at the moment but i am very pleased with it as well...not its not like top of the line compitition style amp but it puts out enough power for me and enough to make me go deaf very soon... i donno about the 5 channel though i havent seen those yet... umm lets see i dont know about alpine type s subs but i do have 2 type r 10's in my car and they will pound! they hit soo much harder than any fosgate p3's i have ever heard and i havnt even got them turned up yet... umm i have used one audiobahn amp cant say i disliked it it put out decent power for how much it was... but donno how long it will last... oh yea and my friend has that pyramid amp... dont buy one its junk... terrible sound quality... over heats... shuts off...doesnt push as much rms as they claim... hope some of that helps :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Alpine HU good to go. They are nice and will do just about anything you want. Audiobahn Amps are pretty powerful and give a nice chrome look to your system. As far as the subs, Audiobahn will usually give you big bass. I've got my 4 Audiobahn 10's and have had them for nearly 3.5 years and have had no problems with them at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.