New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what, if any, Ford Racing Plug wires will fit my 2000 V6. They have the clips that you have to squeeze to pull them from the coil pack. Will the ones for the 98-99s fit mine. I want to order them from summit but they said they only had them for 98 99 and would not fit 2000 +. can any help me real fast? oh yeah my car was man. 10/99

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
IIRC there is a difference between the 99-00 and the 01-02 spark plug wires, so i would take Summit's advice.

Edit - rereading your post you have a 2000. It's going to depend on when the cutoff date was... somebody may know this for sure.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Check your stock coilpack. Do your wires clip on to it, or just slide on? If they clip on, then you can buy the FR Wires. If not, then Magnacore will be your best bet.

G

·
get the plugs from BAT 40 bucks they install great and get some moroso wire trees foir 9mm youll have to dremmell the stocxk plug wire holders to fit 9mm racing wires. Enjoy your new founded power!!Also get some new conduit to cover wires that lay across engine.The stock wires have it so dont skip this.Also if you get a matching color it looks kewl :)Just did mione last week Got Autolight Doubl;e plat plugs too and a new coil $90 dealer cost 161 retail. Makes all the difference and i got 24 mpg on a three day trip to West Palm Beach To Fl.500 miles roundtrip.
NegDog *woof*

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,934 Posts
BTW, there was no 98 Cougar. ;P

·
8,627 Posts
Originally posted by: NegDog
i got 24 mpg on a three day trip to West Palm Beach To Fl.500 miles roundtrip.
If I got 24 mpg on a 500 mile trip, I'd be horrified. I just got 30 mpg on my previous two tanks of gas, consisting of mostly highway driving at 70-75 mph.

Maybe I'll stick with the stock wires and plugs after all! ;)

--RJ

G

·
But mine was mostly city driving and who the hell goes 70-75 in a 70 mph zone oops sorry officer!!! ;) plus my tires are race worn...Maybe you should stick with stock if you got the ole cruise control set at 35 mph *doh*

·
8,627 Posts
That's 70-75 in 55-65 mph zones.

We don't have many 70 mph zones on the east coast. 65 is the max in most states in the mid-Atlantic states (North Carolina and Georgia have 70 mph limits, but SC, VA, PA, MD all have 65 mph limits). Around cities, the limit drops to 55, or lower: I can think of some sections of interstate highway that have 50 mph limits.

--RJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.