New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help picking a cutch Please HELP ASAP!

Well the time has come i have blown my clutch out on my coug, well it's not totally dead yet but it's on it's last legs if u kno wut i mean. So its time to replace i have been looking into Spec and i'am almost 100 percent positive i will buy one of their products. But what clutch is right for me??? I have heard some bad things about stage 2 clutches glazing or something. So is stage 3 too much for me? I only have small bolt on items full exaust, intake, svt parts etc... But i dont want my clutch pedal too be too firm or have to sharp of an engagement. So if anyone knows of a clutch tht will be able to take a beating once in a while and still hold up to everyday driving which is usually slightley aggresive than please let me know. Also do i need to buy a flywheel, is it worth the 400 bucks or no? thanks

FiZzAL

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i think the spec flywheel and a stage 2 or 3

check out gforce auto and spmotorsports

gforce-auto cougar/contour site

spmotorsports---driveline

are u running NOS or any power adder. i am running a SS2 and its holding up to multiple track time and beating up. probally going to have to replce it again

here is what spec says about the clutches

SPEC Performance Stage One Clutch Kits - designed to be a driver-friendly, performance-oriented stock replacement clutch kit. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a full-face, sprung hub disc with steel-backed woven organic friction material. Stock pedal pressure with smooth engagement.

SPEC Performance Stage Two Clutch Kits - designed for the aggressive street driver and/or weekend autocrosser. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a sprung hub disc with segmented ("windowed"), chatter-free 100% Kevlar friction material. Slightly firmer than stock pedal pressure with smooth engagement.

SPEC Performance Stage Three Clutch Kits - designed for very aggressive street, autocross, road and drag racing. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a sprung hub, 4-puck carbon/ceramic friction material disc. Firm pedal pressure, aggressive engagement but still streetable. Recommended for street cars with power adders such as nitrous, supercharger or turbo.

SPEC Performance Stage Four Clutch Kits - designed for the serious road and/or drag racer. Features a unique performance pressure plate and a 6-puck, rigid disc with carbon/ceramic friction material. Firm but not awkwardly stiff pedal with a very aggressive engagement.
Not recommended for street use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.